Err... ilvl 486 requirement for TK LFR?

#1 - Jan. 8, 2013, 9:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Just checked out the PTR, and there's an ilvl486 requirement to enter the new LFR.

Now, there's no new 5 mans to buff our ilvl, so for non-raiders... exactly how are we supposed to reach this without PvP when the current LFRs drop 476 and 483s?

Am I missing something here? Do you expect non-raiders to spend months (to the point the raid after thunder king is released) getting valor to buy that gear for ilvl?

I know it's PTR, and it might just be inflated for testing purposes, but it seems a bit weird that you would place the ilvl requirement for the new raid above the ilvl of the gear that drops in the previous LFR.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#144 - Jan. 8, 2013, 5:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just checked out the PTR, and there's an ilvl486 requirement to enter the new LFR.

Now, there's no new 5 mans to buff our ilvl, so for non-raiders... exactly how are we supposed to reach this without PvP when the current LFRs drop 476 and 483s?

Am I missing something here? Do you expect non-raiders to spend months (to the point the raid after thunder king is released) getting valor to buy that gear for ilvl?

I know it's PTR, and it might just be inflated for testing purposes, but it seems a bit weird that you would place the ilvl requirement for the new raid above the ilvl of the gear that drops in the previous LFR.

I think you've hit the nail on the head by saying it's a PTR. That's the most important thing to remember. We'll do our best to keep you informed on where we end up with the item level for the Raid Finder when we can.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#157 - Jan. 8, 2013, 6:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
01/08/2013 09:59 AMPosted by Dorrell
I think you've hit the nail on the head by saying it's a PTR. That's the most important thing to remember. We'll do our best to keep you informed on where we end up with the item level for the Raid Finder when we can.

With some of the really unpopular changes being pushed from the PTR to the live realms, there's a feeling by several of us in the community that if we don't speak up (and speak up a lot) over things that we greatly dislike.... Then it'll go live.

We know it's the PTR, but realistically... I don't think we'd be having the level of conversation concerning it if it had even been 483. (A much more realistic number as this is the Ilevel for the current LFR drops.)

The other frustrating part is that several of the people saying this isn't a big deal don't seem to understand that the requirement works off an average. Not simply having one piece at that point. There seems to be a lack of understanding with how this system actually works.

Completely understood and we do want people to speak up about their experiences or thoughts as long as they remember to remain constructive, (which you have.) My post wasn't meant as a, "OK stop talking now." It was just meant as a way of conveying that it is still PTR and things could have the potential to change. Please feel free to continue to discuss though. :)