wow not installing

#1 - Dec. 26, 2012, 8:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
so i'm trying to re install wow after uninstalling it and every time i pop the disk in it opens up the launcher and starts downloading but it doesn't install the game on the computer itself. I've also tried to install it with the game client but it does the same thing. This keeps on happening and every time I log out I have to put the disk back in because it doesn't install.

If anyone know how to fix this I would be very grateful for your help.
#3 - Dec. 26, 2012, 8:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Cynris,

When you start the installer for World of Warcraft it will connect to the internet and start downloading the latest launcher program. That's probably what you see installing first.

You should let this continue to install so it can start downloading the rest of the game. If you have the Mists of Pandaria DVD, then use that to begin the installer. Otherwise use the website installer. None of the older DVDs should be used since they are all obsolete.

If you encounter an error when installing, can you please describe what happens?
#6 - Dec. 26, 2012, 9:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Cynris,

It sounds like you have installed the game and are using the DVD to start the launcher.

Do you have any shortcuts made for the game on your desktop or in your windows start menu?

The default directory for World of Warcraft is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft
#9 - Dec. 26, 2012, 10:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Cynris,

If you've started uninstalling then you may want to scan your system for any other WoW files that might remain. The Uninstall instructions will list those folders so you can manually do this. That page also includes information on reinstalling.