Blue Posts... The 'Tip of the Spear'???

#1 - Dec. 26, 2012, 8:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
My military mind thought that the Blue Posters would be considered "The Tip Of The Spear".

They are the people who can impact the rest of the community with the highest degree of success.

Unfortunately in my 5 or 6 years I've been playing, I have found that this is just not the case. The "Blue Team", if it is the "Tip of the Spear" it is in dire need of sharpening.

Granted, I generally spend my time in either the General Forums, Story Forums, Class Forums and/or Profession Forums.

I don't know why when I scroll through topics in the forums, i see the little icon next to a topic indicating a Blue Post with a title like
- Give a Gift
- Character Catchphrase
- Sha of happiness

Now I can't say what you should be posting on, I just think that as a paid employee you should be responding to topics that have some 'meat' to them.

If you have a reputation for responding to the tough stuff and you do so in a diplomatic and informative manner, then seeing you farting around on useless 'funny' threads is not so bad.

But when you are seen mostly responding in 'funny' useless threads, than you are not building a cache of credibility.

I am generally not on to post a complaint in any way towards Blizzard since I generally like the game overall and enjoy playing. I have also enjoyed browsing the Forums, my favorite is the Story Forums because I love the lore of WoW.

I will say this, the Blue Posters could and should be the "Tip Of The Spear"

What the Blue Posters could accomplish with concerted and coordinated effort in building a culture of communication and mutual respect is just extraordinary!!! Sadly, until someone with the leadership and fortitude to make this happen happen, we will continue with the lackluster communication we currently have.

After my 12 years as a leader in the US Military and my current civilian career of Logistics Management for a major US retailer, I have learned it takes guts to put yourself out there and customer relationships and service is the difference between growing and falling behind.

Thanks for taking the time to read my rant. And Happy Holidays everyone!!!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - Dec. 26, 2012, 8:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Thank you for the feedback! However, the best venue for feedback on the performance of the community team is by email wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com. Please note that while emails sent to this address will likely not receive a response, each one will be read and handled accordingly.

Also: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415605113?page=2#23