Think my account is going to be hacked. Help!

#1 - Dec. 21, 2012, 7:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I was playing my Worgen Druid and I recieved a whisper for a "Blizzard GM" about my account being AB Normal. I thought it was legit because I was making toons and deleting them a lot to try new things. I went to the webpage that I was told and entered my Security Question and Answer. I entered it wrong the first time accidently then thought of what it was and entered it. I looked it up later and others had simular things happen to them and that it's a scam. Please help I really love playing WoW and meeting new people and don't wanna start over. :/

PS: I sent in a ticket as soon as I found out it was fake and changed my password but i'm very worried.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#21 - Dec. 21, 2012, 9:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/21/2012 11:55 AMPosted by Silentmeta
PS: I sent in a ticket as soon as I found out it was fake and changed my password but i'm very worried.

If you provided your security answer on a bogus site, Silentmeta, then they have some of the necessary information to access the account.

Changing your password is certainly recommended, but you may also want to change the email address associated with the account.

As some of the others recommended, you may want to look into picking up an Authenticator. We have a physical and a mobile version.

If you do have a compatible smartphone I'd recommend looking into the Battle.net SMS Protect feature, that will help you manage your accounts security options.