MoP advertisement is unjust

#1 - Dec. 20, 2012, 2:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm sure many would agree with me that MoP is one of the best expansions. There are plenty of things to do and you get a lot of enjoyment out of it but many of the great things that MoP had to offer were not in the adverts to pull players in.

So why is it that Blizzard is pushing all their advertisement mostly on one aspect of the game?
Until I played MoP myself, I thought it would be all about Pandas too.

I recently found out that the Anglers daily offers you mounts that can travel on water. Brilliant! I always asked for that. A raft for fishing? Man that's amazing. Tillers! Do I need to even say anything about Tillers? The Mantid? Who knew I would be doing quests for them, I just thought I would be doing all Panda dailies. The Yaungol? What Tauren tribe were they originally? Why aren't they joining like the Taunka? Great lore connected to WoW and not all just "fillers". Let's not forget recruiting Hozen/Jinyu to fight in a battle.

Blizzard should have promoted a few of those things like they did pet battles and scenarios. Let people know it's not all about Pandas.
Forum Avatar
Community
#3 - Dec. 20, 2012, 4:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
20/12/2012 14:53Posted by Kurdshaman
recently found out that the Anglers daily offers you mounts that can travel on water. Brilliant! I always asked for that. A raft for fishing? Man that's amazing. Tillers! Do I need to even say anything about Tillers?

Thanks for your feedback; I do understand your point, although “unjust” might be too strong a word to describe this.
When I started playing the game I was also pleasantly surprised to find out about many unexpected things that I probably ended up enjoying more than the stuff where we focus most of our advertising on.

This game is vast, and in the end different things appeal to different people, we try to focus our advertising on the most distinguishable features of MoP but we’re always open to hear suggestions from players on how to improve everything that we do, not just our games. So thanks again for your feedback, we really do appreciate it!