Heirloom cost !

#1 - Dec. 18, 2012, 11:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Now when we are getting alot less JP from Dungeons i se no reason to have theese rediculous high prices on the Heirlooms...! it takes ages to gather them
Forum Avatar
Community
#12 - Dec. 19, 2012, 5:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
18/12/2012 16:02Posted by Tamika
I collected my JP's from converting PvP honor points. It just seemed like a quicker way to collect them for some reason.

Yup, that's one way to do it. We're also having excess Valor Points (over the weekly cap) turn into Justice Points in 5.2, which will also help. We would've liked this for 5.1 but it didn't quite make it.
Forum Avatar
Community
#19 - Dec. 20, 2012, 11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
19/12/2012 19:10Posted by Iavana
In all due respect Takralus, why must we PvP to earn Justice Points? Our PvE gear doesn't help the PvP group at all, we die pretty quick with no resilience and no PvP Power. Get PvP gear? Why would I do that when I prefer to PvE?

There's no must about it :) I was just highlighting an alternative suggestion someone made to get more JP. There are a few ways to go about getting heirlooms, no one is being forced to do anything in particular.

From a strictly personal point of view, when I decide to level a new character and I'd like a new heirloom or two, that becomes my new goal, and I will do whatever I can to get there. I've been known to craft myself a PvP set and get slaughtered in battlegrounds for a while to reach my goal, but I don't mind. It's a refreshing change of scenery after levelling, doing heroics, dailies and LFR for a while, and it's helping me get those valuable points towards my shiny heirloom. I even ended up enjoying PvP a bit once I got the hang of it :P
Forum Avatar
Community
#24 - Dec. 20, 2012, 12:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
20/12/2012 12:14Posted by Aneyi
Why is it that lvl 85s can earn more JP per hour than a 90 can? The 85 heroics still grant excellent rewards when doing them as 85s. Isn't this somewhat wrong? Should not increasing your level give you an advantage rather than a disadvantage?

Looking at the gear you can get for Justice Points, and knowing that people can hop into heroics at level 90 which rewards better gear than JPs are exchanged for, it makes sense that you don't get or need heaps of JPs once you're level 90.

Having said that, we've acknowledged that parts of the JP system wasn't ideal at the start of MoP. The JP gear would be more useful pre-90, while some people at level cap have mentioned they were sometimes finding JPs stacking up with nothing to spend them on. We'll make tweaks along the way to improve things as needed, based on feedback and monitoring of course. Converting excess VP to JP in 5.2 for those of you who need the points is a nice start.