What about Archaeology?

#1 - Dec. 15, 2012, 2:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Long time after MOP start i decide to start digging to raise my archaeology from 525 to 600, in same day i loot [Spear of Xuen], [Umbrella of Chi-Ji], [Anatomical Dummy],Quilen Statuette].
So thats it about archaeology (armor or weapon or mount) loot in MOP??? OR i miss something?
Forum Avatar
Community
#3 - Dec. 19, 2012, 1:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Archaeology is also a secondary profession, which kind of implies it should not provide better items or improvements than primary professions. Of course on the other hand, being a secondary profession makes it possible for everyone to have it which makes it a somewhat nice profession since it sort of implies equality between players.

The truth is, archaeology is not for everyone, although we have cut down on the necessary travel time to find dig sites by having 6 dig locations per site instead of 3, and added some extra surprise dig sites in Pandaria, there’s still players who won’t go for it, and that’s perfectly fine, there’s a lot of different content in MoP that was made to appeal to different kinds of players.

Keep in mind that we’re still in the very early stages of MoP, we have said that we wanted to keep updating the game and adding patches more frequently with this expansion, chances are, professions might also get some love with some of those patches, so don’t despair, it’s still only the beginning.
Whenever we have some news regarding updates to any of the professions we'll make sure to let you know.