The easiest solution to gear disparity

#1 - Dec. 17, 2012, 3:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Extremely simple, just match make or tier the BGs. New 90's use BGs to gear up, but it is not fun and extremely frustrating to play vs fully geared people with just the contender's set. Also, with the gear upgrade system, you now have people fully honor geared (+ conquest pieces) still playing in the same BG where before they wouldn't of had a reason too.

Simply tier the BGs by ilvl. That way, even a fresh 90 would be able to contribute and have fun. People would stop complaining about how hard catch up is. Obviously, you would have to disable changing your gear when you join the queue. As it is now, BG queues are < 3 min, I wouldn't mind waiting 2-3x that if I could get an evenly matched game where I dont feel completely useless.

Arenas are the other problem. Though since it is already match made, you will eventually reach a level where you can win games, even with greens. This is not the case with BGs.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - Dec. 17, 2012, 6:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/17/2012 07:49 AMPosted by Shichibukai
Simply tier the BGs by ilvl.

It's not simple, unfortunately. It would a) require a retooling of how Battlegrounds assemble teams and b) even under ideal conditions, it would likely slow down queue times dramatically. As Ovenmitz demonstrates, there are a lot of players who are very opposed to that.

It's not that we aren't interested in making Battlegrounds a better experience, it's that we need to make sure that whichever steps we take actually meet that goal.