World of... wait... nvm. I got ganked again.

#1 - Dec. 12, 2012, 9:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've been playing a new character for the past few days and I've come to the conclusion that questing is completely useless.

Here's what questing gets you:
-Sub-optimal exp gains
-runs after runs after runs back to your corpse after being ganked by someone of the opposite faction
-Crappy gear that 15 minutes in an instance can replace.

no matter where you are, what level you are, or what zone you are in (except for friendly zones) you WILL be ganked by the enemy. Because of the new-ish cross-realm zones, there are many more players in each zone. Now this isn't so bad. Sure, there are less mobs to kill when there's alot of players, but there are also many lvl 90's who like to gank. Now I understand that I am playing on a PvP server and that's what happens, but being ganked every 2 minutes makes the game unplayable.

Now I know that Blizz won't change anything about this because they don't actually care about the game experience anymore, but its just something that's been pissing on me for the past few days. I no longer do quests, instead, I just wait in Stormwind for my dungeon que to be up and do the same instances over and over.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#433 - Dec. 14, 2012, 1:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
What a coincidence! I got ganked a few times today too. Took most of my lunch hour, actually. You don't know who you are, but if you're reading this: When I get to level cap and grab a few pieces of PvP gear, I'm going to eat your heart. As many times as it'll grow back. ♥

Here's what questing gets you:
-Sub-optimal exp gains

That certainly hasn't been my experience. Questing is the single most efficient way to level under most circumstances.

12/12/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Pahnts
-runs after runs after runs back to your corpse after being ganked by someone of the opposite faction

That can certainly happen. I play on an extremely active PvP realm with a significant opposite faction population, and that still hasn't been my consistent experience. If that's been yours, then I'm sorry that you found it frustrating.

One of the things I quickly realized about playing on a PvP realm is that, unlike a PvE realm, my time really isn't really my own. I'm subject to interference from other players at any time I'm out in the world, and all the resultant consequences of that. Today's experience is a perfect example of that. It's also one of the earliest things I came to accept and expect. I have characters on PvE realms too, and I play there when I just want to play World of Warcraft uninterrupted.

12/12/2012 01:46 PMPosted by Pahnts
-Crappy gear that 15 minutes in an instance can replace.

Better gear does exist in instances, and I like to intersperse the better gear I get from instances, with the superior experience gain and filling in random gear slots from questing.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#437 - Dec. 14, 2012, 1:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/13/2012 05:14 PMPosted by Wasabisauce
Daxx confirmed for Darkspear.

Don't go camping innocent levelers on Darkspear for the sake of slaying me.

I'm not there. And no, I won't admit where I am if you guess correctly either.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#452 - Dec. 14, 2012, 1:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
questing on pvp servers should give better rewards than dungeons as there is 9000% more risk involved and leveling is slow as hell.

Now that's a completely different matter, and an interesting piece of feedback. I'm afraid that it got lost in the tone of the post.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#462 - Dec. 14, 2012, 1:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
If anything, Daxx just basically stated "Kill everyone in the hopes that you kill me."

rofl.

ಠ_ಠ

12/13/2012 05:53 PMPosted by Judgernaught
What a coincidence! I got ganked a few times today too. Took most of my lunch hour, actually. You don't know who you are, but if you're reading this: When I get to level cap and grab a few pieces of PvP gear, I'm going to eat your heart. As many times as it'll grow back. ♥

What makes you think you have any chance of ever finding him again? Oh that's right I forgot you work for Blizzard so you can see the matrix.

I might not. Nevertheless, the fire of vengeance burns in my heart.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#480 - Dec. 14, 2012, 2:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/13/2012 06:09 PMPosted by Rhododendron
why not add a stacking "dishonorable Kill" debuff that is applied whenever you kill someone drastically below your level. It could increase the amount of honor gained for killing the ganker. Something like a bounty system to add an incentive to hunting down those who prey on the weak.

That's an interesting idea, and we don't mind the idea of providing incentives (beyond faction pride) for high level players to get into PvP to protect their lower level compatriots.

The issue I see with systems like this is that they could be relatively easily gamed or exploited.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#492 - Dec. 14, 2012, 2:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post

How do you even bear getting ganked so much? Sometimes people will just gank you until you logout.

It depends. Sometimes I make a game of escaping, or if we're close enough in level that my abilities "stick" trying to CC my enemy so much that he finds it boring or annoying and leaves. Sometimes I fight back, despite the futility, because I'm like an adorable wolverine.

If I'm just not in the mood to deal with it, I queue for BGs or a dungeon while dead, then rez and accept the queue when it pops.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#496 - Dec. 14, 2012, 2:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Disappoint. "Because Honey Badger" is better - made me laugh.

I agree, but it has connotations of inappropriate language, and I should be an example or whatever. =P