A few Mistweaver QoL changes (pvp)

#1 - Dec. 10, 2012, 7:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Re-posting from Arena forum. I'd like to see if any other Mistweavers can agree with or think of any other *minor* quality of life issues that should be addressed.

I'm not asking for the entire Mistweaver spec to be overhauled (that's another entirely different topic), but I can think of a couple quality of life changes that would be nice to see implemented.

- Crackling Jade Lightning should be able to hit totems. I shouldn't need to run over to the totems to auto attack them and be more susceptible to cc (as if Mistweavers are hard to cc as is) to kill a grounding/spirit link, etc. However, I've noticed you can Chi Torpedo them. Pretty op haha.

- Renewing Mist should be able to be cast while mounted. Obviously, it should dismount you but right now we get the "Cannot use while mounted" error while trying to use it. Mainly a QoL change, but if priests can cast renew and druids can cast hots from their mounts, monks should be able to also.

- Life Cocoon. This is a frustrating 3 minute cd. Not only does it suck that it can be purged/spell-stolen, but the worst part is that it raises you off of the ground and interrupts spellcasting when it expires. Many times have I used this on myself during heavy bursts in conjunction with tft/soothing mist/instant surging mists only to be dropped down when enough damage has been done, interrupting my soothing mist cast. In that case, it's "only" a cost of a gcd but with the burst currently in the game 1 gcd can often influence the outcome of a match.

- Soothing Mist should not act as a heal over time on the target. It should act more like Penance in the sense that it can't get dispelled, but is still channelled. It's bad enough that we are forced into channelling a spell as our main heal since it's the only way to attain instant cast heals to match the burst damage being put out, but the fact that it can get purged is a little ridiculous. Soothing Mist included, every one of our heals (besides *casted* Surging Mist and Revival) can be dispelled with no consequences.

Again, no huge changes to the class; please keep suggestions to smaller things that could possibly be hotfixed.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#2 - Dec. 10, 2012, 8:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The following changes are currently on the table for 5.2:

• Life Cocoon will be undispellable and won’t interrupt the cast at the end of the effect (and players will also be able to jump as well).
  • We’re working to resolve the issues with Renewing Mist not being able to be used while mounted, though it will dismount the caster after it is cast.
  • Soothing Mist will no longer be able to be Purged, so it will work in a manner similar to the Priest's Penance. It will still be considered a periodic heal.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - Dec. 10, 2012, 8:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
A blue post in a class forum.
On the monk forum.
Oh my.

I'm watching you, Wazowski. Always watching. Always.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - Dec. 10, 2012, 9:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/10/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Slade
So Daxxarri any word on the WW changes?

Nothing specific just yet.