Voice Acting

#1 - Sept. 27, 2012, 9:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Yup. Rose is rambling again. I wanted to talk a little about something I'm enjoying very much in MoP

I know the majority of voice work in WoW is....."questionable" to say the least. But so far in MoP it seems like they improved even on that. Just a heads up I don't know the Alliance voices for the Jade Forest npcs but I vaguely remember them speaking in beta. They were nice. I like whoever plays the Dwarf who befriends Gizmo and Socks. He sounded unique among all the Dwarves.

1: Jim Cummings as Lorewalker Cho. I still love that. If you don't know him just go IMDB him he's practically the voice of childhood.

2: Riko made me laugh surprisingly hard when I first heard him. I didn't think he was ever going to get a VA. Heck I didn't think a vast majority of characters would get voice work. I snorted when he first spoke. He sounded like Mortos from that one episode of Invader Zim if anyone watched that show.

3: Nazgrim reminds me of a higher pitched Sarge from RedvsBlue. Personality and Voice wise. I wish I could remember if he spoke in Vashjir. I think he just had Text. It's just nice to see some characters talking this time around. Even if reading is fine.

4: Also THANK YOU for changing the voice of the male pandaren children. I noticed they sound a little squeakier. The way they sounded before was actually creepy.

I know this isn't really everyone's favorite thing with WoW. But I enjoy it and I wanted to just say nice work so far.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#10 - Dec. 8, 2012, 7:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
12/08/2012 11:01 AMPosted by Wreave
Better to necro then start a new thread

Please don't.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/900930866#2
  • Do not "bump" posts.

• The act of posting simply to bump a thread is considered spamming. This also includes bumping very old threads for no reason (called "necro bumping" or "necroing").

You're welcome to create a new thread, but please don't bump older threads that have long been inactive.