Are the class forums abandoned by blue posters?

#1 - Dec. 7, 2012, 6:17 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi

I was curious, as all the other mages out there, as to if there were any official words from a blue poster regarding the fire nerfs. I naturally went to the mage forum - but there was nothing from any blue poster there.

I thought: "Hm, do they even respond here?" and checked on posts way back - didn't seem like it. I don't really have the time to check other class forums seeing as I have to go to work in a couple of minutes, but I'd expect it's the same there.

Question: Do blue posters avoid class forums? If so - why? And where are we supposed to turn in order to get the "official" Blizzard PoV on, for example, major nerfs to a certain spec? Do we really have to post immature, whiny post in order to get attention? That'd be sad, if that's the case.

Regardless, if any blues happened to read this I'd like a word on what's written above. I'd also like to know if you think fire is fine the way it is now - or if you perhaps nerfed it a bit too much.

(I'd only like to know if it's worth putting time learning other specializations or if I can expect a hot fix, really. Worth noting is that I'd rather quit the game than play arcane in the state it is in now. Frost might be okay but in fire is where my heart lies).

Thanks

Kinkow
Forum Avatar
Community
#6 - Dec. 7, 2012, noon
Blizzard Post
07/12/2012 06:17Posted by Kinkow
Do blue posters avoid class forums? If so - why?
The main reason that we don't make responses in the class forum is because if we post in the forum of class A, then classes B through K will start complaining about favoritism or something similar. While we may not post in threads on the class forums, we do pay attention to the opinions and feedback presented there.

And where are we supposed to turn in order to get the "official" Blizzard PoV on, for example, major nerfs to a certain spec?
These forums are designed and built in order for players to give their feedback and opinions about the current state of our games or even upcoming changes so that it can be relayed to the developers. They are not for the purpose of having a direct line of communication and discussion with blue posters. If we have some information that we can provide, we will post it, but you should not be actively searching for this as the forums are for you as the players to bring up and discuss topics.

Do we really have to post immature, whiny post in order to get attention?
Definitely not. As said above, if we have information on a given topic of discussion we will provide it. We are also more inclined to do this with more well written and presented threads rather than ranty or "whiny" posts.

you're on EU forums enough said.

Blizzard doesn't care about you, they don't want your opinion, the blue post always say the same thing.
It is always sad for us to see these types of comments because it is something that is simply so far from the truth, it is unreal. The European community team work tirelessly to forward on and present your feelings, feedback and opinions on to the developers.

07/12/2012 06:27Posted by Jonní
"yup, dat Oh-pay! POPS, GET DUH NURFBAYUT AGAYUNN!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOPr8PjB_Z0