GC on 5.2

#1 - Dec. 6, 2012, 5:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm quoting MMO-champ's summary on GC's interview with All Things Azeroth podcast:

A rough idea of how long patches will take: 2 months for a content patch and 4 months for a patch with a new raid and PvP season. This is just a rough target, as there are many factors involved in determining when players are ready and the content is ready.

Patch 5.2 will add some new architecture, geography, and a new story. A new raid is planned that will hopefully be similar in quality to Ulduar. There will also be more daily quests!

Patch 5.2 will bring more talent changes than Patch 5.1, but they will mostly be number tweaks. Rogue talents were mentioned as something that needs to be looked at.

Raids may not see progressive nerfs this time around, as there are multiple difficulties and catch up mechanisms. It is likely that raids will not get any easier until at least Patch 5.2.

Patch 5.2 might make the current Lesser Charms less valuable to discourage hoarding and the need to farm them before the patch.

One idea being considered is not allowing upgrades of Patch 5.2 gear until Patch 5.3.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - Dec. 6, 2012, 5:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
A new raid is planned that will hopefully be similar in quality to Ulduar.

Now THIS is what I've been wanting to hearing about for raid contents in a long time.

Oh noes. inc objective this-isn't-as-cool-as-Ulduar complaints.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#30 - Dec. 6, 2012, 6:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/05/2012 10:10 PMPosted by Teelo
Oh noes. inc objective this-isn't-as-cool-as-Ulduar complaints.
Tell me, why did you change your username from MicahW? What are you afraid of?

Spiders.
Heights.
Needles.
Pull tab cans.

We used first name last initial in Tech Support, back in the day before WoW, and that kind of carried on for a while until most of the outward facing reps took on 'RP' names. The RP names began with the Community Team, and so when I joined Community almost exactly a year before Burning Crusade released, I picked a new name like everyone else!

I just went to go look up when I joined the team, and in doing so found my first ever forum post as Drysc. It was just completely awful:

Hello everyone. I'm very excited to be a part of the World of Warcraft Community team. World of Warcraft is an amazing game and the community surrounding it is complex and diverse; I'm certainly looking forward to becoming more familiar with you all. January 30, 2006
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#36 - Dec. 6, 2012, 7:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
12/05/2012 10:55 PMPosted by Idura
I know this is getting off-topic, but as a longtime forum lurker, I remember a lot of names that I don't see around anymore. In particular, can you tell me if GFrazier and MHein are still around? I know their jobs were more website-based than community-based, but GF was one of the biggest names in the WoW pre-beta forums, but I haven't seen anything about him in years.

Yup! Geoff posts some things on the front page as Nebu still, and he still handles a lot of ... I guess I'd call logistical website management. And Mike Hein is now Design Director (!) for Battle.net.