PTR Build 10571: more druid nerfs

#0 - Oct. 13, 2009, 10:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Restoration

* Gift of the Earthmother now increases your total spell haste by 2/4/6/8/10%

if you want druids to stop hotting the raid, try making other spells better, not hots worse
#62 - Oct. 14, 2009, 5:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
On one hand they tell us they don't like rejuv blanketing. On the other hand they hand us idols and set bonuses that encourage rejuv blanketing.

I think our dislike for Rejuv blanketing gets oversold on these forums. We nerfed Rejuv because Rejuv was too good. Druids do have a lot of heals and ideally they would use all of them (and HT proponents even crop up from time to time). On the other hand, it's challenging given that when a relic or set bonus props up one spell, that is probably going to be a popular spell. We're fine with that to some extent. It's interesting when certain pieces or tiers of gear lead you to want to change up which spells you favor.

We changed Gift of the Earth Mother because it was a problematic talent, as I'm sure many of you could agree. It's one thing when class mechanics make a stat less optimal for you. It's another when a talent totally stomps over a stat that shows up on a lot of gear.

We want Nourish to be a good spell, yes, but I think it has been for some time. None of these changes will kill Rejuv either.
#163 - Oct. 14, 2009, 5:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
To be honest, we may revert the Rejuv nerf. This isn't 100% finalized yet, so please don't say we promised anything.

We definitely wanted to nerf Rejuv. However we also wanted to fix Gift of the Earth Mother. That change wasn't necessarily aimed at further nerfing druids, even though that was the outcome. It was aimed at not making haste such a wonky stat for Resto.

In short, we think the GotEM change both nerfed druids and fixed the haste scaling problem so the Rejuv duration nerf may not be necessary. Stay tuned.