You have in game music turned OFF!?!?

#1 - Nov. 30, 2012, 5:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
OK, I know I'm probably going to get trolled for this, but I have to vent.

I was in a party earlier with two very nice people, waiting for the rares to spawn in the alliance base in the new quest hubs. I randomly said, "who here thinks the music in the horde area is bad azz?". To which the DK replied, "I don't have music turned on". She explained she listens to Pandora or other music. This is fine! It's that person's choice to do that and there is nothing wrong with it, but come ON people! You are missing out on a HUGE part of the experience!!

I guess I'm just more of an RPG buff then most people, but for those people that have played Final Fantasy 7 for the playstation way back then, you'll know what I'm talking about. It's like that moment where you finally reached Sephiroth and you want to kick his !@#, then all of a sudden this super awesome music kicks in and now you are way more psyched to kick his $%^ now! That's the kind of experience I'm talking about.

You can't fully enjoy this game unless you have the music turned ON!

There are those exceptions, I know, when you are flying around for 4 hours mining in the same area and you want to hear something different. I understand, I've been there, done that.

Blizzard, the music in this game is so epic and awesome, please continue to do such a great job with it. You make the whole rest of the experience worth while.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#112 - Nov. 30, 2012, 7:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I loop the music and love to hear that others are making the choice to keep it on while playing. I know the composers love to hear that too. They work very hard to make it as epic as possible while still integrating it as seamlessly as possible into the environments.

BTW, if you missed it on the front page, The Instance did an interview with Russell Brower about the Mists of Pandaria music and more. You can listen to it here.