Why we need to see LFR boss status

#1 - Nov. 29, 2012, 11:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello all,

I've taken this from the US forums http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7200302669#1

Now they have removed the number of bosses defeated when your LFR queue pops this can cause all sorts of nonsence.

The way I did it before, queue up get an in progress raid say 2/3 booses killed go in for the 3rd one, kill the boss and re queue, do 1 & 2 out of 3 leave and queue for next group of bosses.

I don't care if I get a fresh run first time, I'll go back in, now though I am going to have to wait 30 mins before i can queue for the next one as I'll have a deserter debuff. 5 LFR's now mean I'll need to add roughly 2 and a half hours onto some thing that barley took 2 hours originally.

I also don't care if you don't show me how many bosses are down as I can leave if i have already killed that boss and allow someone to take my spot who hasn't. But now I'll get a deserter debuff.

Maybe if they properly explained to people you do not need to always do a fresh run to get the full rewards for LFR, you can kill the bosses in any order and still get the full chance on loot and vp.

The CM's on the US forum are telling me I should complete the LFR for VP anyway, even if I have killed that boss, but why, if I do one heroic a day and 5 LFR's that VP caps me (unless the cap has risen which I have not seen anything on) so why would i want more vp from a boss I've already killed even if that is possible which I don't think you get extra VP for killing a boss twice in one LFR lock out.

I'm a healer,I go in to Queue, gets a 2/3 bosses down run on MGV, then queues for my 1st boss, kill it and then leaves gets deserter debuff and cannot queue for any LFR for 30 mins.

what if there is anothe raid in HOF waiting on 1 healer on the third boss, I cannot join them to kill that boss becuase I have a debuff.

I am going to need to go in and 2/3 kill that boss, re-queue and do the entire LFR so that I am not punished, why am I being punished becuase I took the hit and joined a 2/3 group?

I don't care too much about LFR gear (I know I am wearing some what is the alternative, haven't had a single drop from normals), I care more about the VP for proper gear, but if someone goes in there for one specific item and get it they are going to leave and not care about the debuff and it means people like me who do it for VP are going to have to kill the same boss twice in order not to get punished.

I have yet to think of a plus side for this change, maybe it will mean people stay in a raid even if they already killed a boss in order not to get a debuff. But that is not the answer, if I have to kill a boss I've already killed I won't put in as much effort because the only reason I am there is so not to get a debuff. Ths will ruin my experience and those stuck with me healing with one eye on the TV.

Before anyone points out I can get VP other ways, I raid 4 times a week and I work full time so this is the most efficent and enjoyable way for me to earn vp.

alternatives

No debuff if you have killed all bosses in that LFR.
No debuff if your raid has taken over a certain time, i.e the 30 minute debuff starts when you enter, so you have to stay in there for at least 30 minutes.
You get a 30 minute debuff upon quiting, reduced by the number of bosses you've killed with the final boss of the instance removing it.
You can queue up for a different LFR (MGV has it's on debuff, HOF has it's own debuff)
Loremaster Cho can remove the bebuff for 10 Lesser Charms or for 100 gold.
have the number of wipe's tarcked so if it is 3/5 on a single boss or 10 altogether you won't get the debuff upon quiting (sometimes groups don't work no matter how hard we try).

I am not for this change but at least I've put forward other ideas. Peace out.

Let the flames commence!
Forum Avatar
Community
#17 - Nov. 30, 2012, 3:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
29/11/2012 23:22Posted by Drdraenei
The CM's on the US forum are telling me I should complete the LFR for VP anyway, even if I have killed that boss, but why, if I do one heroic a day and 5 LFR's that VP caps me (unless the cap has risen which I have not seen anything on) so why would i want more vp from a boss I've already killed even if that is possible which I don't think you get extra VP for killing a boss twice in one LFR lock out.

You get extra VP for finishing the LFR run you've been placed in, no matter if you've killed the final boss of that run yet or not (you just get 90 VP for the first completion and 45 for all the others).

30/11/2012 08:57Posted by Trylb
Getting a queue pop for the last boss only, then queing again for the first 2, only to get the !@#$%^- last boss again.

If you get into an ongoing run and finish it, next time you queue, the system will try to put you on a fresh run. It's not 100% guaranteed, but that's what the game will try to do, rather than have you going against the same last boss again.

Does it mean you might end up keep getting 2/3 bosses LFRs?
Or will you be sure to get a fresh run if you already killed the last one?

It might not be 100% sure, but that's what the Raid Finder will try to do.

30/11/2012 15:05Posted by Drdraenei
But to give zero reward for staying in a group with absolutley no benefit to yourself is idiotic especially since you already took a hit first time and joined a 2/3 raid and to even punish those people is even worse.

If you finish that second run, you'll get Valor Points for it.