Don't Daily December

#1 - Nov. 29, 2012, 3:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I challenge you all to not do a single daily throughout December. Easy for me, I refuse to do dailies. Only done them once XD
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#86 - Nov. 29, 2012, 9:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/29/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Gnomeasaurus
I challenge you all to not do a single daily throughout December. Easy for me, I refuse to do dailies. Only done them once XD

No, thanks.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#177 - Nov. 30, 2012, 1:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I have decided that next month will be "Daily December"

Now that I have double rep gains I can finish getting exalted with my last remaining factions (GL, AC, and Angler's) and get the kite mount.

Then I can live my dream of pretending to be a Shado-Pan companion while doing dailies with my guildies and hover over them in my kite while they try to loot bodies and pick up quest items.

This made me laugh in an immature manner.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#186 - Nov. 30, 2012, 1:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/29/2012 04:50 PMPosted by Elbeghast

No, thanks.

Go talk to some congas, Mr. Brown. Your opinion is irrelevant.

@OP:
I've stopped doing dailies. I hate them more than I hate Horde,Draenei and Pandaren.

:(

Why is it irrelevant? I'm a player too. :(

:(

The more I did the Mists dailies, especially after hitting Revered with Golden Lotus -- that can be a little tedious -- the more I actually enjoyed them. I've never been a huge fan of daily quests, but I seriously like the Mists factions (and dailies) more than any before them. I think there's a nice variety in the setup of each faction's daily quests (i.e. Klaxxi buffs, Shado-Pan companion, etc.) that doesn't make it feel too redundant. This is particularly true since I tend to rotate through a couple of factions week to week. With my work/life schedule I'm someone who doesn't always cap Valor each week, so I know I don't need to do dailies every day if it just means I'll outpace my VP gains. Right now I have at least 3 pieces of epic gear unlocked reputation-wise that I just need to save up for.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#193 - Nov. 30, 2012, 1:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post

You need to take a few steps back. They are giving you stuff to do, granted you may not like all of it but they are providing them nonetheless. This isn't evil megacorp trying to snare you in some psycological trap and if you really believe that they are, you need to unplug.

They are not giving anyone anything. They are selling us a service. They did absolutely no more work creating a quest that is done more than once than if the quests were one time only. So, don't hand them a medal because they graced us with more repetitive nonsense to do while they collect a paycheck without doing any more work.

You need to stop drinking the kool-aid and get an opinion for yourself. They are an evil mega corp that is trying to fool us into thinking that one quest done 50 times is the same amount of content as 50 different quests.

But, on a positive note all the drones that love the daily quests got more of them down in kasarang.

As a side note I HATE DAILIES. They are the single worst thing in this game.

Apparently it's not about who is or isn't drinking the Kool-Aid, but what flavor.

You need to stop drinking the kool-aid and get an opinion for yourself. They are an evil mega corp that is trying to fool us...

These two statements back-to-back make my head spin. "Think for yourself... but let me tell you how." /boggleboggle
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#197 - Nov. 30, 2012, 1:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post

This made me laugh in an immature manner.

How immature.

lol.

And it keeps going.

AND KNITTING AND KNITTING AND KNITTING
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#202 - Nov. 30, 2012, 1:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/29/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Saraphina
While technically you are a player in that you play the game, your opinion and the way you voice it is your job.

Hold up...

Let's get one thing straight. Sure, I work for Blizzard so you can accuse me of bias. But my opinions about the game aren't owned or operated by Blizzard, nor is it the development team's job to dictate to me what my opinions should be. I form my opinions about gameplay the same way as everyone else, though certainly inside info does shape them to a degree (almost always in a positive way like, "OMG, early patch 5.2 design is looking mind blowing!").

As far as enjoying the monotonous dailies the more you do them, I have absolutely no idea how that is possible. Every time I do one daily I feel my blood pressure rise along with my anger at the devs, CM's and people who defend the boring dailies.

Playing off of what I said above, I'll tell you how it's possible. We're discussing subjective elements of what is or isn't fun in a video game.

You and I disagree, and that's okay. But at least I acknowledge that your opinion of dailies is "possible" and understandable. In return it seems you're suggesting that the reason I have the opinion I do is that it's not my own -- that it was somehow force-fed to me.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#218 - Nov. 30, 2012, 2:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/29/2012 06:22 PMPosted by Gunny
Why is it irrelevant? I'm a player too. :(

Irrelevant because you're paid to play as well as refrain from any actual criticism of the game. Nobody expects actual valid critique of any game related matter from a Blizzard employee. Everything is sunshine & daisies and if players aren't having fun they by God they simply aren't doing it right.

Thanks for letting me know the intricacies of how we operate over here at Blizzard.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#479 - Nov. 30, 2012, 10:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/29/2012 08:56 PMPosted by Vulgrym
The more I did the Mists dailies, especially after hitting Revered with Golden Lotus -- that can be a little tedious -- the more I actually enjoyed them. I've never been a huge fan of daily quests, but I seriously like the Mists factions (and dailies) more than any before them. I think there's a nice variety in the setup of each faction's daily quests (i.e. Klaxxi buffs, Shado-Pan companion, etc.) that doesn't make it feel too redundant. This is particularly true since I tend to rotate through a couple of factions week to week. With my work/life schedule I'm someone who doesn't always cap Valor each week, so I know I don't need to do dailies every day if it just means I'll outpace my VP gains. Right now I have at least 3 pieces of epic gear unlocked reputation-wise that I just need to save up for.

Look, I've typically shouted down the "dailies are mandatory" whiners ... but for one reason only -- they didn't take much effort and I was able to "get rid of them" quickly. I'd probably feel differently if I actually cared about maintaining an alt.

But let's be honest, questing is the lowest form of content. It is boring, repetitive and not challenging. Dailies, in and of themselves, are just a miserable lowlight in what is an otherwise impressive array of content in MoP. The raiding, challenge modes, brawler's guild, pet battles etc. have all been excellent. Dailies? Not so much.

I just totally disagree. Solo content has come such a long way since vanilla. There are many players out there and in this thread, like me, who enjoy approaching an area filled with quest objectives, looking for the most interesting and efficient ways of tackling those objectives.

You can easily get yourself in gameplay situations that, while maybe a lot shorter in length, are mechanically more interesting than several Raid Finder boss fights, and require more than just your best standard ability rotation. Hell, there are mobs out there that have nearly as many mechanics/abilities as some of the Raid Finder bosses.

When I hit Revered with Golden Lotus I moved onto other factions while waiting for the 5.1 commendations to come out. My gear has improved quite a lot since I hit Revered and, when I went back to do Golden Lotus dailies last night, had more fun than usual pushing myself to be precise, ambitious, and ruthless with pulls.

My enjoyment of Mists of Pandaria has only increased over time, even with the few gripes I've had. I couldn't say the same back in Cataclysm. I still think it was a solid expansion, and I appreciate a lot of what Cataclysm brought to the game, but I sympathized with the people who were feeling burned out. For me, it just felt like maybe it was the result of playing this game for so long. I worried a little bit that my feelings for World of Warcraft were becoming inevitably nostalgic. But Mists changed that for me. The content feels like it just has more soul to it. I've seen a lot of people express similar feelings.

On that note, to the people who outright refuse to pickup quests from a hub with blue exclamation points: you're missing out on some great story and awesome content at Domination Point and Lion's Landing. I think it's a mistake to write that off based on perception alone.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#483 - Nov. 30, 2012, 11:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have been waiting for 5.1 to continue mine...and you know what? I've still been naughty and have not done them. Too distracted with all the new pets. :)

I should get moving again. I really want to do the Karasang Wilds ones, at least. Maybe tonight! :D

I'm judging you so hard right now.

DO IT! :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#496 - Nov. 30, 2012, 11:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/30/2012 03:17 PMPosted by Gunny
This just comes across as a sad attempt to say, "See, I can say bad things about the game." Throw out a few key negatives like 'gripe' 'sympathized' and 'nostalgic' to get players to think that yes, a CM can be critical of a Blizzard product. Nobody expects you to say bad things. I don't go on Facebook and disagree with things my employer does - watch the news and see where that gets people. I think what gets to me, and probably others, about CMs is that they take every thing people complain about and try to spin it. In the end it comes across like "Hey, we're not going to change that for you. You're either doing it wrong or you need to play a different part of the game." That doesn't give you cred as one of the 'gamers who makes games' like Blizzard tries to paint you all.

I honestly don't care at all about furthering this segment of the discussion. I doubt there's anything I can say that wouldn't be better spoken at a brick wall, if the very nature of blue text carries with it, in your mind, nothing more than PR, CS, and marketing tactics.

If you want my honest opinion about what I don't like -- or what is mind numbing and frustrating -- it's being endlessly challenged by a crowd to prove that I'm a human being who's both a Blizzard employee and a big fan of this game, else my statements be all political maneuvering!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#503 - Nov. 30, 2012, 11:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/30/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Jujubiju
Did Zaryhm just say "hell"?

The result of an algorithm designed to establish my text as indistinguishable from the earthly "common" nomenclature. Did I succeed?

NEED INPUT. NO DISASSEMBLE.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#528 - Dec. 1, 2012, 12:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/30/2012 04:03 PMPosted by Morrigahn
At the very start of the expansion we were asked "What is worth fighting for?" Fighting for Faction dominance is not worth it. It's the height of hypocrisy.

Aye, there's the rub.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#531 - Dec. 1, 2012, 12:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The result of an algorithm designed to establish my text as indistinguishable from the earthly "common" nomenclature. Did I succeed?

NEED INPUT. NO DISASSEMBLE.
All right, with that comment you have proved that you can troll.

And only humans can be trolls. Which means Vol'jin is a troll.
The whole rebelling thing makes sense now!

On a side note, muffins.

lol