How Patronizing of Blizzard

#1 - Nov. 28, 2012, 6:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/246230-way-too-much-hand-holding-crap-in-51/

"On the subject of "hand-holding", there is an option to disable the Loss of Control UI. Just uncheck the box titled Loss of Control Alerts in the Combat section of the Interface menu."

Are you kidding me? A huge problem of the Loss of Control Alerts is that regardless of enabled/disabled you can't see your CD's. He realizes that at the bottom when its brought to his attention and says, "I'll pass that info on". But nothing about how his previous, patronizing comment was incorrect. (Because you can't disable the entire alert system"

Makes me mad.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#7 - Nov. 28, 2012, 6:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You get mad because Blizzard is offering you an option to disable it?

This thread is pretty absurd.. and the "anger" over this feature is pretty absurd, too.

Don't like it? Don't use it.

Actually, the frustration is understandable.

This thread might have been started out of context though. The player I was originally responding to seemed to simply resent that the feature existed at all, despite being an option that can be disabled. He hadn't mentioned that the screen flash and action bar 'red out' persisted after disabling the Loss of Control UI, nor had anyone else, when I first responded to the thread.

We're looking into it now.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#15 - Nov. 28, 2012, 7:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/28/2012 11:52 AMPosted by Shalhoub
I'm not sure even CMs read every post in a thread they're posting in.

I generally try to, but it's not always possible - sometimes getting information out without taking into account every post created in a thread is more important, especially since there is always, always other stuff going on (not that this was really one of those cases). Also, sometimes a post is created while I'm composing my own post, but I don't usually go back and edit my post in a thread to suit.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#18 - Nov. 28, 2012, 8:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Purple can be Dinosaur. Don't ask me how.

Some things you just don't need to ask.

My current mood is always Dinosaur.