Healers & PvP Power

#1 - Nov. 28, 2012, 4:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm a little confused. Last night I had 27% and some change for PvP Power and today I have 13.51% Healing PvP Power. Did they really cut it in half? Silent ninja nerf?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#2 - Nov. 28, 2012, 4:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/27/2012 08:25 PMPosted by TinĂºviel
I'm a little confused. Last night I had 27% and some change for PvP Power and today I have 13.51% Healing PvP Power. Did they really cut it in half? Silent ninja nerf?

Nope, as a dedicated healer you haven't been nerfed. The tooltip on your character sheet was always incorrect, but that issue was fixed in 5.1. Note that the PvP Power you have shouldn't be contributing to your damage output though.

On the same token, dedicated damage dealers and tanks (including hybrid classes using those specializations) no longer benefit from PvP Power for healing.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#56 - Nov. 28, 2012, 6:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/27/2012 08:49 PMPosted by Ayani
Nope, as a dedicated healer you haven't been nerfed. The tooltip on your character sheet was always incorrect, but that issue was fixed in 5.1. Note that the PvP Power you have should be contributing to your damage output though.

Wait, what? Did you mean to say shouldn't be contributing to your damage output? PvP power no longer has any effect on our damage. My smites are hitting players for 7k each. The intent may have been to nerf hybrid healing, but this change also completely butchered pure healer damage output in PvP, even for specs like Disc and Mistweaver that do part of their healing through dealing damage.

Yes, that was an unfortunate typo. =(
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#107 - June 10, 2013, 7:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please don't bump threads from 6 months ago.