No Cinder Kitten?

#1 - Nov. 27, 2012, 7:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I thought this pet was going to be available for purchase in the Pet Store upon the release of 5.1; but I have not seen it in the store yet.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - Nov. 27, 2012, 8:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The Cinder Kitten will be available in the near future. They're still a little young yet to separate from their mother and make them available for adoption.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#10 - Nov. 27, 2012, 9 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It takes at least 6 weeks for a kitten to be weened from their mama.

The weening process should have started when it was announced.

Don't worry. They'll be hale and hearty and available before much longer. You won't miss out on the opportunity to adopt. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#16 - Nov. 27, 2012, 9:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/27/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Eprouvil
You just put a weird image in my head of what the birth of a cinder kitten looks like. FWOOM!

It involves a lot of coordination, fire extinguishers, and fire resistance to work with these fiery felines.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#20 - Nov. 27, 2012, 9:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/27/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Zhangu
Is it just me, or does it seem like the moment is waning to have the sales of these have an impact on Sandy relief?

As much as I'd like to think that everything will be resolved for people affected very quickly, I think that help will be necessary and ongoing for some time before people's lives are back to "normal".
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#31 - Nov. 27, 2012, 9:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/27/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Zhangu

As much as I'd like to think that everything will be resolved for people affected very quickly, I think that help will be necessary and ongoing for some time before people's lives are back to "normal".

I don't disagree. My only point is that in general, the American public has a somewhat short attention span, and the further Sandy fades from the national spotlight (and thus, the national consiousness), the less fundraising potential a charity benefit event could have.

P.S. Have you thought about entertaining a "Pre-Order" type of arrangement to allow folks to donate now, while they can still see the effects of Sandy (and before the next thing grabs the country's attention)?

I understand your concern, but I think you underestimate the generosity of the community that we are a part of. :) The interest of the Azerothian public is still evident based on the queries I've seen of people wanting to know when they'll be able to adopt.