A Random Act of Kindness: Syrely

#1 - Nov. 24, 2012, 11:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
EDIT:

Taawa, Thank you so much for your kind words of acknowledgement here. It's nice to know that the effort I go through each week to provide bags to our lowbies is appreciated. I've always found the social aspect of the game the best part of it. Ok, so I like raiding and PvP sometimes but it's the awesomeness of meeting a new player and helping them along getting them started that makes my day. I've actually ended up in a random dungeon with one of my bag recipients before and it was so much fun to see them once they were "all grown up". If any of you ever find yourself starting a new character Moon Guard way, please feel free to whisper me and I'll get you a couple netherweave bags to start your travels off with and know that I've always been a blood elf, no tauren changing with this gal.

Syrely
Head Mistress of Hall of Finer Discipline

During my first levels on this character, I was leveling in Bloodhoof Village when I saw a high level player standing in the center and announcing that they were giving away free bags to any low levels. This is what the player replied when I questioned them on why they would give away those bags for free, and accepted one bag but was instead given two:

"Because I like to help people out. It's one of the aspects of the game I enjoy so as a tailor I collect cloth and every week I make around 50 Netherweave Bags and come give them away in the starting zones."

"And the best payment in the world.. when you get higher level.. do something nice for a random person. That was my whole impetus for this.. trying to spread acts of kindness."

(saying goodbye) "Safe travels young one and if you ever need anything feel free to friend me. I try to help out our newer players whenever I can"

And I did add them to my friends list, but I haven't talked to them as of then. Honestly, I'm a shy person and if I started a conversation, I would probably blank out on a topic to discuss. But my point is that there are a lot of "scary" stories you hear about WoW: insults, endless harassment, theft, plain out rudeness. Not all of WoW is like that of course, because I have personally never encountered somebody like that and a lot of the small talk I've made has been pleasant. Regardless, the less than nice players do exist.

So talking to this person and hearing what they said made me really happy. It was such a kind thing to do out of nowhere and it was genuine generosity, I've kept the screenshots of our short conversation wanting to share it here. Maybe it's not as big of a deal as I make it sound to be, but I hope you guys will follow her example. I know when I get to be a higher level, I will try to do the same, maybe give some gold to the lower levels or some high level items to keep for future use. Good night, everybody, thank you for reading. :)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - Nov. 24, 2012, 11:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
/cheer
/liked

I concur

Seconded! Awesome stuff, Taawa.