BWC Concludes - VODs Available Here

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - Nov. 16, 2012, 7:30 a.m.
Blizzard Post

The time has come for an event unlike any before in Blizzard Entertainment history (yes, including BlizzCon!). Over the past year, more than 600 professional players from around the world competed in one of the industry's most epic eSports contests ever.

The field has now been narrowed to the 32 best StarCraft II players and 10 best World of Warcraft Arena teams—each of whom will face off for more than $500,000 in prizes and the title of world champion.

We have staff working 'round the clock on the showfloor in Shanghai (say "ni hao" to China's Uncle Bashiok!), here at Blizzard headquarters, as well as from our offices around the globe, to make this event one for the record books.

Dungeon Challenge with Stars and Supreme Quicksand by Daxxarri

Witness five-player teams from each of Asia’s top raiding guilds, Stars and Supreme Quicksand, prove their mettle by competing simultaneously in the Dungeon Challenge, a Challenge Mode race through Shado-pan Monastery, Scarlet Halls, and Stormstout Brewery. Each team must use only a single party composition throughout the competition, and only the most skilled players will turn in the fastest time to emerge victorious. Learn more.

Raid Challenge with Stars and Supreme Quicksand by Daxxarri & Zarhym

In a thrilling test of skill and coordination, two of China’s top raiding guilds, Stars and Supreme Quicksand, will need to choose an ideal raid composition and strategy to gun for the faster 25-player Heroic Mogu'shan Vaults clear. Will they strike a balance between speed and safety or will they go all-in with fewer healers than the norm, aiming to eke out precious seconds on the clock, but risking a catastrophic wipe? Or do they go with a conservative, tried-and-true strategy, secure in the belief that steady (but not necessarily slow!) wins the race? Learn more.

Meet the Arena Players by Nethaera

Familiarize yourself with the teams that will be competing in the World Championship World of Warcraft Arena Global Finals. Get out your sharpies and poster board; you’ll want to be prepared to root on your favorite teams. (You can never go wrong with a little extra glitter too, or maybe some scrolling text on your tablet.) Learn more.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#2 - Nov. 16, 2012, 7:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Battle.net World Championship - World of Warcraft Video Rebroadcasts

Friday, November 16

Stream: WOW Main

Stream: WOW 02

Saturday, November 17

Stream: WOW Main

Stream: WOW 02

Visit the event site for the complete schedule and don’t forget to join us for the opening ceremony at 6:00p.m. PST Friday night! Read more about the Battle.net World Championship Series in our Press Release.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#7 - Nov. 16, 2012, 9:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
/doesn't care

you keep nerfing shaman

I hate you

:(
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#13 - Nov. 16, 2012, 5:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
11/16/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Mælstromedos
At first I was afraid I was petrified !

Now that song is in my head... ;/

BTW, if you want to find out what time the events run in your timezone or region, you can click on the "Show in my local time zone" option in the Schedule. The times won't change within the body (image squares), but the top and sides will switch over dynamically to show the time slots everything fits in.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#26 - Nov. 17, 2012, 2:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/16/2012 06:27 PMPosted by Mælstromedos
I love the flags posting this on my iPad watching on my TV connected to my PC. Looking great so far ! Thanks for fixing the audio was kinda quite at the start. It's really cool to see a united event where the whole world comes together for fun. Thanks for doing this :)

No problem! We're working to address any issues as they crop up. :)

11/16/2012 06:18 PMPosted by Loriginale
So is it me or its extremely laggy when running wow in background? Also... its not even in english. Not that i mind but it wasnt told in the info i read.

It should just be the opening ceremony hosts that don't have translations. All the events will be cast in English.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#37 - Nov. 17, 2012, 4:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We apologize for the delay on the WoW streams. We're working to bring the Arena matches online.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#46 - Nov. 17, 2012, 5:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
11/16/2012 09:16 PMPosted by Urm
I love how ads pop up at random. Sat around over an hour to see this matchup and now I'm missing it because of back to back to back commercials mid game.

Is this happening for you at battle.net/bwc, or on twitch.tv?

Edit: We're still working on bringing WoW Main back up.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#49 - Nov. 17, 2012, 5:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
battle.net/bwc

It's weird. I won't get any commercials forever and then it will randomly hit me with 3 in a row.

We're investigating things, Urm. Thank you for the info, though, it does help.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#51 - Nov. 17, 2012, 5:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
ROC v. OB in the Arena Global Finals live now on WoW Main: http://battle.net/bwc/