Solution regarding extended maintenance

#1 - Nov. 13, 2012, 9:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The solution is quite simple. To stop all the whining about it, just close the forums until the servers are up. At least the ones that deal with the availability of servers. People complain too much. Perfect example:

11/13/2012 01:06 PMPosted by Gambino
like i said last week , we are paying to play , if blizzard force us not to play 1 day a week we should get this game time back ,or blizz should find a way to do maintenance while servers are up

I rarely post on the fourms because, quite frankly, a good portion of you are whining idiots who do nothing positive for the World of Warcraft community and are therefore of no importance to me. That being said, this post kind of puts a fine point on what is wrong with some of the people that play this game. Are you that cloistered that you cannot find something else to do for a few hours other than whine about how you cannot log into a game? I understand you pay for it. I get that but lets break down that $15 monthly fee. It breaks down to about 2.08 cents an hour. So, downtime started at 8am.est, back up at a supposed 6pm est. That is 20.8 cents of playtime that you are whining about. Now, that is for a non-normal maintainence schedule. Normally it would be 6 hours, which is 12.48 cents. Now then, are you telling me that you are REALLY going to complain about this? Really right now?

In conclussion, go grab a coffee at a shop, go play some Black Ops 2 with friends, read a book, or catch up on some TV. You whining about this is pathetic.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#2 - Nov. 13, 2012, 9:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please help us consolidate discussion regarding this by posting in our sticky thread:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004017485

UPDATE: Maintenance has been extended until 3:00pm PST. Thanks again for your continued patience.

It has become necessary to extend today’s regularly scheduled maintenance by approximately two hours. We currently anticipate that realms will become available at 1:00 p.m. PST, though we will revise that estimate if the situation changes.

Thank you for your patience in the meantime.