[BUG] Some hunter feeds bugged @ hunterpets

#1 - Nov. 6, 2012, 6:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Not sure if this has been reported yet, I couldn't find any reference to it.

I've found 5 hunters on my realm, Perenolde, that have corrupt (incomplete) data when pulling their character data. The json element seems to just end after the familyId element in the hunterPets object.

Characters (on Perenolde - US)
Crazs
Santasgift
Erine
Loopgaroo
Arakk

The url I am using when pulling the data is:
https://us.battle.net/api/wow/character/Perenolde/<character>?fields=achievements,apperance,feed,guild,hunterPets,items,mounts,pets,petSlots,professions,progression,pvp,quests,reputation,stats,talents,titles

The method I'm pulling is via the urllib2 module in python, but the problem persists with wget as well, so not my retrieval method.

From what I can tell, the problem is only when familyId = 0, and I've seen it occur for the following creature id's:
64982 (saw this one twice)

I won't post the full data output for each of these characters, but each feed has the same exact end when familyId = 0 comes up.

Arakk:
"hunterPets":[{"name":"Whitemist","creature":3475,"selected":true,"slot":0,"spec":{"name":"Ferocity","role":"DPS","backgroundImage":"bg-deathknight-blood","icon":"ability_druid_kingofthejungle","description":"","order":0},"calcSpec":"a","familyId":2,"familyName":"Cat"},{"name":"Gorash","creature":42859,"slot":1,"spec":{"name":"Tenacity","role":"TANK","backgroundImage":"bg-deathknight-blood","icon":"ability_druid_demoralizingroar","description":"","order":1},"calcSpec":"Z","familyId":0

Crazs"
"hunterPets":[{"name":"Quilen","creature":59773,"slot":1,"spec":{"name":"Ferocity","role":"DPS","backgroundImage":"bg-deathknight-blood","icon":"ability_druid_kingofthejungle","description":"","order":0},"calcSpec":"a","familyId":128,"familyName":"Quilen"},{"name":"Spirit Beast","creature":54320,"slot":0,"spec":{"name":"Ferocity","role":"DPS","backgroundImage":"bg-deathknight-blood","icon":"ability_druid_kingofthejungle","description":"","order":0},"calcSpec":"a","familyId":46,"familyName":"Spirit Beast"},{"name":"Cat","creature":28404,"slot":12,"spec":{"name":"Ferocity","role":"DPS","backgroundImage":"bg-deathknight-blood","icon":"ability_druid_kingofthejungle","description":"","order":0},"calcSpec":"a","familyId":2,"familyName":"Cat"},{"name":"Crane","creature":58450,"slot":13,"spec":{"name":"Cunning","role":"DPS","backgroundImage":"bg-deathknight-blood","icon":"ability_eyeoftheowl","description":"","order":2},"calcSpec":"b","familyId":125,"familyName":"Crane"},{"name":"NickWalsh","creature":48442,"slot":15,"spec":{"name":"Ferocity","role":"DPS","backgroundImage":"bg-deathknight-blood","icon":"ability_druid_kingofthejungle","description":"","order":0},"calcSpec":"a","familyId":51,"familyName":"Monkey"},{"name":"Porcupine","creature":65118,"slot":9,"spec":{"name":"Ferocity","role":"DPS","backgroundImage":"bg-deathknight-blood","icon":"ability_druid_kingofthejungle","description":"","order":0},"calcSpec":"a","familyId":0

Erine:
"hunterPets":[{"name":"babye","creature":58940,"slot":0,"spec":{"name":"Tenacity","role":"TANK","backgroundImage":"bg-deathknight-blood","icon":"ability_druid_demoralizingroar","description":"","order":1},"calcSpec":"Z","familyId":21,"familyName":"Turtle"},{"name":"Cat","creature":55236,"slot":3,"spec":{"name":"Ferocity","role":"DPS","backgroundImage":"bg-deathknight-blood","icon":"ability_druid_kingofthejungle","description":"","order":0},"calcSpec":"a","familyId":2,"familyName":"Cat"},{"name":"Scorpid","creature":64982,"slot":2,"spec":{"name":"Tenacity","role":"TANK","backgroundImage":"bg-deathknight-blood","icon":"ability_druid_demoralizingroar","description":"","order":1},"calcSpec":"Z","familyId":0

Loopgaroo:
"hunterPets":[{"name":"Drangnach","creature":15196,"selected":true,"slot":0,"spec":{"name":"Tenacity","role":"TANK","backgroundImage":"bg-deathknight-blood","icon":"ability_druid_demoralizingroar","description":"","order":1},"calcSpec":"Z","familyId":0

Santasgift:
"hunterPets":[{"name":"Bear","creature":44473,"slot":3,"spec":{"name":"Tenacity","role":"TANK","backgroundImage":"bg-deathknight-blood","icon":"ability_druid_demoralizingroar","description":"","order":1},"calcSpec":"Z","familyId":4,"familyName":"Bear"},{"name":"Cat","creature":59534,"slot":1,"spec":{"name":"Ferocity","role":"DPS","backgroundImage":"bg-deathknight-blood","icon":"ability_druid_kingofthejungle","description":"","order":0},"calcSpec":"a","familyId":2,"familyName":"Cat"},{"name":"pinky","creature":66187,"selected":true,"slot":4,"spec":{"name":"Ferocity","role":"DPS","backgroundImage":"bg-deathknight-blood","icon":"ability_druid_kingofthejungle","description":"","order":0},"calcSpec":"a","familyId":2,"familyName":"Cat"},{"name":"Scorpid","creature":64982,"slot":0,"spec":{"name":"Tenacity","role":"TANK","backgroundImage":"bg-deathknight-blood","icon":"ability_druid_demoralizingroar","description":"","order":1},"calcSpec":"Z","familyId":0
Forum Avatar
Battle.net Developer
#4 - Nov. 10, 2012, 12:42 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'll check into this, definitely looks like a bug. Thanks for the report.