So I just did LFR (still in it)

#1 - Oct. 23, 2012, 11:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Managed to set raid markers up, raid warnings, set groups, 2 shot elegon easy. My normal loot gives a sigil (don't really care there) but my charm...oh that damn elder charm, yeah it proc'd loot, yeah my heart skipped a moment, but then... it gave me the stupid one hand axe...IM TWO HAND FROST WITH 2 HAND REFORGES....what is this garbage that the game can't recognize that god forbid I actually get a loot proc, it gives me the proper loot of a 2h weapon based on my spec / reforges and you know..the weapon I currently have equipped, i dont even care that if it had proc'd gold id get less gold than the weapon vendors for. I don't want this thing.

Great, another week with no weapon, no wait I got a weapon from him but it's of zero use to me.

Anyone else get royally shafted like this? Game teases you with the charm roll doing loot then just gives you utter garbage?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#19 - Oct. 24, 2012, 12:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
10/23/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Phaaze
Anyone else get royally shafted like this?

The game now recognizes not only your class, but your spec. Once upon a time (not very long ago), there was every chance that you would go through a raid, and not only would no items drop that were useful for your class, there was a very good chance that if they did, they wouldn't be useful for your spec. Or if an item dropped that you wanted and was particularly sought after, there was a chance that an unscrupulous raid leader would simply take it for themselves. It was entirely possible to go raid lockout after raid lockout in this way.

The new loot system isn't perfect but it does help address those issues. It's not designed to deliver into your hands shiny new items perfect for exactly how you've tuned your character to function though. There's always an element of randomness to how loot drops, and that's by design.