No ghost flying in pandaria?

#1 - Oct. 15, 2012, 3:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Why can we not fly when dead in Pandaria? It is rather annoying to die in a location, whether pvp or otherwise, and be unable to return to your body because it is a location only accessible via flight. Once you train flying, you should be able to fly when dead. Is this something that will be resolved in a future patch?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#9 - Oct. 17, 2012, 11:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Since the vast majority of Pandaria's content was designed around the use of ground mounts, we didn't include flight for players who are in spirit form (dead). There are a few locations, similar to the WoW days of old, where you can die and be unable to retrieve your corpse. The reality is this shouldn't be an overwhelming inconvenience to players, unless you're very frequently dying in unfortunate ways, and in unfortunate locations. Sometimes going with the Spirit Healer might be the best (or only) way to revive yourself. But that's a big reason why they've been in the game since launch.

10/14/2012 08:08 PMPosted by Illydus
Why can we not fly when dead in Pandaria? It is rather annoying to die in a location, whether pvp or otherwise, and be unable to return to your body because it is a location only accessible via flight. Once you train flying, you should be able to fly when dead. Is this something that will be resolved in a future patch?

*Edit: Having said all of that, we're still considering adding ghost flying to Pandaria, as we recognize that flying mounts can lead to some frustrating corpse runs. Your feedback on the topic is welcome and appreciated. :)

*Hit the Blizz icon to see my follow-up post about this edit.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#39 - Oct. 18, 2012, 12:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
10/17/2012 04:34 PMPosted by Quard
In "the WoW days of old" you were not likely to fly somewhere that you can't get your corpse from.

You're right. I just spoke to Ghostcrawler about it a bit and am going to clarify my original post. I explained why we didn't initially include flight while in ghost form on Pandaria, but it's important to note that the developers are discussing the issue and might well add ghost flying to the new continent. We do recognize that it's possible to die in some very inconvenient places, and much more frequently than in vanilla WoW due to flying mounts.