Please buff Ox Deck THANK YOU!!!!

#1 - Oct. 7, 2012, 11:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Seriously, it's almost worthless except for tank fights where there is something that HAS to be avoided, i.e Decimation Blade on Baleroc

Please give it static mastery so it has viable use in raids.

Also, on a side note, whoever designed Darkmoon Cards hasn't created a decently weighted tank stat trinket since BC... Food for thought.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#29 - Oct. 9, 2012, 7:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Holy crap blizzard listens! <3

We do. It's true. Sometimes the answer isn't, "yes", but we do listen and if it is "yes", you'll see it at some point.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#31 - Oct. 9, 2012, 8:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/09/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Sitgarath
Ok now make the serpent deck trinket let me spit venom and instead of that "egg" effect, make it look like a white snake is coiled around me. Uh oh. Whitesnake. Here I go again . . .

Now that song is in my head. For that, the answer is, "no". ;P
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#35 - Oct. 9, 2012, 10:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
While I'm very happy that this trinket received a buff (thank you!) in a timely manner, Nethaera, can you comment (or inquire) as to why using this trinket puts any engineering glove tinker on the same cooldown as the trinket itself?

It happens with all of my existing glove tinkers, even ones with little relation to dodging. I can understand giving it a slight cooldown in combination with Phase Fingers, but Synapse Springs?

This is unintended and we intend to hotfix this in the near future (no eta I can give you but it shouldn't be long). The intended functionality is that On Use effects from trinkets, and Engineering glove tinkers, only applies a short cooldown equal to their effect duration to the others.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#39 - Oct. 10, 2012, 3:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post

I’m glad this trinket got a buff, however honestly Nethaera it should never had needed a buff as internally you guys should have done a better job at making sure its stat weighting reflected its item level.

Basically the way it was shipped it’s similar to selling a car without a steering wheel and four wheels. I’m sure there are a lot of annoyed scribes out there who basically viewed the Ox deck as worthless and lost out when the news broke to all the people taking advantage of the sudden buff and cleaning the AH out of bargin priced Ox cards, decks and trinkets.

I hope at the next Skull (referring to that dancing skull we see sometimes here) and candle meeting you guys surely have on Fridays :) you pass back from the Scribe Union that we are not happy about situations like these occurring.

There's a scribe union now? Well, at least the picket signs will be magical and well written. ;)

We'll pass along the feedback, just keep in mind that what may seem simple at first glance rarely ever is as it seems. I've said this many times over the years, but there are many moving parts for the developers and engineers to consider and a "simple" change (as you're all well aware) can create a domino effect. Unfortunately, we don't always catch everything, and sometimes after a major patch or new content is added, we still have more work to do to "fix" anything that might seem just a bit off, or not as it probably should be. The thing that should help some (even if it's sometimes inconvenient) is that we don't just call things good and forget about them. It may take a bit to identify an issue or to get to something, but that doesn't mean anyone rests on their laurels.

This is a living breathing game and we have to treat it as such. The important thing for everyone to remember is constructive feedback does help a lot, and that change is going to happen regularly (small or large) so it's important to be a bit adaptable to those changes as they go. That doesn't mean to accept everything as it is all the time, it just means being able to identify the things that matter to you most and let the smaller things not bother you as much.

Again, all the feedback has been appreciated. Thank you everyone.