Ink Trader Exchange Change

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - Oct. 8, 2012, 8:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/12- Update - 10:00 a.m. PDT The rolling restarts today should be applying the Ink Trader to the realms properly. We'll be watching for any additional issues or concerns as well as keep everyone informed should we run into any further issues.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

10/9- Update - 8:40 p.m. PDT Unfortunately, when attempting to apply the hotfix, we ran into additional issues in testing. We don't have an ETA on when this will be able to be applied as of yet, but will be continuing to work on it. It's not a cut and dry fix unfortunately. Again, we appreciate everyone's patience while we work this out.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

4:26 p.m. PDT *This has been delayed and an additional update will be provided as soon as we have one to provide. Thank you for your patience and our apologies for any inconvenience.

Beginning after the maintenance on Tuesday, October 9, ink traders will be converting from accepting Blackfallow Ink to accepting Ink of Dreams and Starlight Ink will become available for purchase. If you’re still holding on to your Blackfallow Ink, your time to trade it in is running short.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - Oct. 8, 2012, 8:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/08/2012 01:17 PMPosted by Korghal
I thought the SW ink trader stopped taking Blackfallow Ink when 5.0 rolled out. Is there a different trader still taking them tonight?

All ink traders still take Blackfallow ink. When 5.0 hit there was an UI display error that showed Ink of Dreams as the currency, but it was still Blackfallow what you needed.

This is correct. We had informed everyone that it would be a week or two after release that we'd convert over. It was in our profession blog write-up here- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7349576
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#10 - Oct. 8, 2012, 8:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Are they planning on buffing the Darkmooon Oxen Deck, Relic of Niuzao card?

The card is really really really terrible as it is now. I assumed it was just a error or something.

Not to derail the thread, but are there specific bits of feedback for it you can share (or have?) I can pass it along.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#24 - Oct. 8, 2012, 9:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Respectfully, the on use (1 min CD) 8871 Dodge (10%@ lvl 90) for 12 seconds with no static stats is hardly attractive for many fights.

Surely not worth the trouble of collecting cards for, unless your just hoping for an item level buff or something.

It desperately needs a buff to even be viable in the first tier imo. When I first saw the trinket I assumed it was an oversight or possibly a tool tip problem.

Thank you.

Respectfully, the on use (1 min CD) 8871 Dodge (10%@ lvl 90) for 12 seconds with no static stats is hardly attractive for many fights.

Surely not worth the trouble of collecting cards for, unless your just hoping for an item level buff or something.

It desperately needs a buff to even be viable in the first tier imo. When I first saw the trinket I assumed it was an oversight or possibly a tool tip problem.

Thank you.

Gotcha. I'll pass along the feedback for you.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#38 - Oct. 8, 2012, 10:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/08/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Baillan
Is there an answer for my question on whether it is a hotfix or a client patch?

This is planned to go in as a hotfix.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#155 - Oct. 9, 2012, 5:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just as an fyi, I'm looking to get an answer for everyone. I'll let you know when I find out something more to share.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#316 - Oct. 9, 2012, 11:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post

My three year-old son upon looking at Naethera's avatar -- "That's a candle, daddy! That's a candle!"

He was so excited. : )

And yet I never get recognized in public. ;) That's awesome. Thanks for sharing that.

No update yet. Again, we'll provide one when we have one.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#388 - Oct. 10, 2012, 3:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Unfortunately, when attempting to apply the hotfix, we ran into additional issues in testing. We don't have an ETA on when this will be able to be applied as of yet, but will be continuing to work on it. It's not a cut and dry fix unfortunately. Again, we appreciate everyone's patience while we work this out.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#474 - Oct. 10, 2012, 3:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Unfortunately, when attempting to apply the hotfix, we ran into additional issues in testing. We don't have an ETA on when this will be able to be applied as of yet, but will be continuing to work on it. It's not a cut and dry fix unfortunately. Again, we appreciate everyone's patience while we work this out.

Can you update the initial post please? it's hard scanning 24 pages to find this.

Or create a new one post altogether.

I updated the original post for you. Again, we're working to get this implemented as soon as possible, but don't want to promise anything (again) if we continue to run into problems with the implementation. We'll keep you updated.

How is this not a "cut and dry fix"? You take one kind of modifier for a particular herb and change it to another herb. Why is it you try to make it sound like you are working magic when it is just a bunch of 1'a and 0's??

As I stated in another thread, what may seem simple may often be more complex than you might think. The game is very complex in nature with a lot of moving parts. A "simple" change can cause a chain reaction that has unintended (and often bad) results. We'd rather implement something as close to perfect (if not perfect) as we can than cause more unforeseen issues.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#496 - Oct. 10, 2012, 4:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/10/2012 09:28 AMPosted by Karasummon
I just had to update my client. Yet this was not fixed. Does this mean whatever was just updated was given the green light because the ink debacle isn't going to be fixed soon enough to have waited to just push it all at once?

It was for this small patch - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794872596

Which was to address a different issue.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#594 - Oct. 11, 2012, 5:51 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I haven't forgotten anyone over here as of yet. We're still working on things on our end and once we have the issue with applying the fix resolved, we'll get it out to you all. I unfortunately still don't have an ETA.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#611 - Oct. 11, 2012, 6:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post

What you really mean to say is, "We have an ETA but it's precisely right after DMF ends so that there aren't an influx of trinkets in game until one month from now when bigger and better trinkets are available to you through Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Springs. Enjoy scrambling to find that last card because herbs are so expensive atm and Starlight Ink is almost impossible to get!"

I said exactly what I meant to say in my post. I understand that people are concerned about it being applied after Darkmoon Faire. We're working on it though and I don't want to guarantee something (again) in case we continue to have an issue with applying the changes we need to make. We'll do what we can.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#714 - Oct. 12, 2012, 4:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The rolling restarts today should be applying the Ink Trader to the realms properly. We'll be watching for any additional issues or concerns as well as keep everyone informed should we run into any further issues.

I just wanted to thank everyone who have been so patient with the delay despite the inconvenience and frustration it may have caused you. That was certainly not our intent.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#723 - Oct. 12, 2012, 5:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post

I love you

You hardly know me. This is all going so fast! We should take it slow. OK?

Love should go to the developers for working so diligently to get this and many other things addressed. :) They work hard.

THEN you pop up and tell us its happening 10 minutes before you actually do it?

I agree, more notification ahead of time would have been better for you. However, given the delay we had after we said we'd be able to apply it, you can understand our reticence to announce too soon again. Your feedback is duly noted though. Just please watch any language in the future when expressing your frustration. (in your posts)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#730 - Oct. 12, 2012, 5:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You hardly know me. This is all going so fast! We should take it slow. OK?

Love should go to the developers for working so diligently to get this and many other things addressed. :) They work hard.

don't you worry ill take you out to dinner with all the money i made off cards and inks.

The Pandaren Banquet? Really, that's just too much!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#734 - Oct. 12, 2012, 5:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There's no need to argue over it everyone. He's right and you're right both. For those that didn't see it applied in Europe, it's short notice. Let's not argue over it.

We couldn't give a day or two notice because we didn't have a verification to provide you with accurate information.