Am I the only one who moves on instantly?

#1 - Oct. 3, 2012, 9:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I was wondering if I am the only person who moves on to a new zone instantly after dinging.

I am running around in kun-lai summit and I see a ton of level 88 running around, and its odd to me because I know I would already be in the next zone if I had dinged.

I am legitimately interested to see how many people fully exhaust the zones and do every single quest there until it is complete.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#3 - Oct. 3, 2012, 9:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I was wondering if I am the only person who moves on to a new zone instantly after dinging.

I am running around in kun-lai summit and I see a ton of level 88 running around, and its odd to me because I know I would already be in the next zone if I had dinged.

I am legitimately interested to see how many people fully exhaust the zones and do every single quest there until it is complete.

I'm sure others do as well, but I tend to want to "finish" a zone before moving on. At least, that's the way of it the first time through. After that, I may be more flexible with how I go through.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#74 - Oct. 4, 2012, 12:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post

I'm sure others do as well, but I tend to want to "finish" a zone before moving on. At least, that's the way of it the first time through. After that, I may be more flexible with how I go through.

I'm similar, at least when it comes to new content. I'm not in a huge hurry to hit level cap, and I like to actually read the quest text, explore the world, and enjoy the leveling process for what it has to offer.

Now, when leveling alts? That's a different story. I hop zones as soon as the quests turn green. Sometimes sooner, especially if the zone isn't a favorite. This is all assuming that I've seen those quest lines at some point in the past, of course.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#86 - Oct. 4, 2012, 1:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm similar, at least when it comes to new content. I'm not in a huge hurry to hit level cap, and I like to actually read the quest text, explore the world, and enjoy the leveling process for what it has to offer.

Now, when leveling alts? That's a different story. I hop zones as soon as the quests turn green. Sometimes sooner, especially if the zone isn't a favorite. This is all assuming that I've seen those quest lines at some point in the past, of course.

I do the exact opposite.

I race through on my main but take my time to enjoy the scenery and the lore on my alts.

I think I'd do the same, but I really like my first experience of a zone to have the full impact. If I rush through, I feel like I've already spoiled it a bit for myself, even if I don't take the time to read quests and poke around.

Not that there's anything inherently wrong with rushing. It feels good to be ahead of the curve too.