Pandaren don't fit in with the Horde

#1 - Oct. 1, 2012, 8:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I am of the opinion that the Pandaren aesthetic - as it has been designed and implemented - just doesn't fit in with the Horde. Seeing them lumbering around Orgrimmar and Undercity completely spoil what the Horde is supposed to feel like.

The Goblins were a stretch - basically comedy relief Horde versions of Gnomes - but at least they had an aesthetic and a vibe that fitted in with the Horde. And the Blood Elves... okay, a lot of people still don't feel like they fit in with their camp flamboyance, but they got the Horde attitude.

Now look at the female Pandaren for example: http://i50.tinypic.com/2zgth0x.jpg They are basically walking teddy bears, designed to look like a soft toy you might give to a 6 year old girl. They fit in with the Alliance, alongside the cutesy giggley Gnomes. But the Horde? C'mon Blizzard.

Before anyone says "lolol it's a game with walking cows and gnomes why so serious", yes, it is a fantasy game with fantastical characters in it, and there has always been a sense of humour in the game. But despite some of their humorous aspects such as the dances and jokes, they fit in with their faction. The Pandaren - especially the female Pandaren due to its design - just don't feel like they belong in my faction.

The introduction of the Pandaren into the Horde has actually changed the feel of the game for me. The visual aesthetic feels like it's targeted for a much younger audience. When I see the male Pandaren walking animation or the teddy bear female faces I have to double check to make sure I'm not watching the Disney Channel. WoW doesn't feel the same to me any more.
Forum Avatar
Community
#21 - Oct. 2, 2012, 3:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm just going to leave this here again: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151138050859034&set=pb.138011799033.-2207520000.1349193120

I acknowledge your point, though. But don't be fooled by appearances. As someone above me said, Garrosh accepted them into the Horde for a good reason. Give them a chance. Maybe once you've seen them fighting alongside you and gotten used to their deceptively harmless appearance, you'll learn to appreciate having them around.
#62 - Oct. 3, 2012, 8:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
02/10/2012 16:56Posted by Takralus
Maybe once you've seen them fighting alongside you and gotten used to their deceptively harmless appearance, you'll learn to appreciate having them around.

It works for me IRL. ;)
Forum Avatar
Community
#77 - Oct. 3, 2012, 2:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
03/10/2012 13:02Posted by Maoxiong
Isn't the whole Alliance vs. The Horde thingy not just a nice RPG way to bring two difficulty modes to the game? Alliance = Easy Mode, Horde = Hard Mode.

How exactly is Horde any harder than Alliance?

03/10/2012 09:50Posted by Eldtyara
It works for me IRL. ;)

What's that supposed to mean? :O