whoever thought of no flight til 90 in mop...

#1 - Oct. 1, 2012, 5:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
who ever thought it was a good idea needs to quit, i have never played wow angryly in my life til mop. questing is slow as hell when you are FORCED to use 100% mounts vs 280 or 310...... i find myself sitting in sw just dungeon queing atm cause of how bad the travel time is. nerf the xp needed or give us flying at 85

this is fun? what are you smoking bliz??? id like some of that
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#78 - Oct. 1, 2012, 6:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I love it. Cataclysm was the only expansion you weren't restricted to ground mounts at the start for (which made sense), and I honestly missed it. Being on ground-level and experiencing the layout, the roads, feeling more connected to the area you're in, seeing something amazing and wondrous appear slowly over the horizon as you ride up... I really enjoyed Wrath a lot, but I've not been this enamored with a sense of 'world' since BC.

I get that it's different for everyone, but for me games are experiences. Flying is certainly convenient, but you do lose something by just immediately being able to bypass the rules and confines of the world by zipping around wherever you like. I like that it's an earned privilege, and I have not minded a single second of my earning it.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#150 - Oct. 1, 2012, 7:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/01/2012 12:42 PMPosted by Nixilaas
but wrath was alot more alt friendly, i understand us having to do it on the first toon but as soon as alts get involved with that brutal (and yes its brutal) grind to level (and the grind is far from over then too, with 2 hours a day worth of dailies for EVERY toon, 2 alts makes 6 hours a day worth of dailies)

I think adding a Tome would be cool, but just to ensure we're all remembering history correctly, Tome of Cold Weather Flying wasn't added until patch 3.2. 8 months after release. Not saying it needs to be 8 months again, but I'd (personally) argue it's not something that needs to be available day 1 either.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#162 - Oct. 1, 2012, 8:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/01/2012 12:57 PMPosted by Aralesh
I would ague your dead wrong. I will just get around your no flying restrictions by using a 2nd account to level my alts on and my 2 person flying dragon to take my alt where ever I need it. I think that indicated the need for this if you have players looking for how to get around this stupid limitation.

Like I said, games are different for everyone. I wouldn't dare tell you what you would prefer or not, but as you can see by the comments here your perspective isn't shared by everyone. As the game creators we have to leverage what individual types of players want against our own artistic and design visions, and hopefully those line up the majority of the time. In this case (aside from the convenience of helping alts fly sooner) I'd say most people are enjoying the change of pace.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#191 - Oct. 1, 2012, 8:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
10/01/2012 01:23 PMPosted by Positron
You don't get honest opinions here and it's only a fraction of the population.

It is interesting how that flips around to suit the wielder. We're not listening, we're listening too much, everyone hates it, not everyone is giving their opinion, etc.

This same complaint came up in the first couple weeks of Wrath. As far as I've seen many people look back on that expansion with fondness, and "Remember when we couldn't fly?" isn't even in the top 40 of complaints about it. I guess what I'm saying is that it seems really super important right now, but ultimately it leads to a better experience in the long term for the majority of players.