Who wants a character sketch? Part 2.5!

#1 - Sept. 17, 2012, 1:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Morning guys! With over 500 responses, it's going to do them all, but here I am back at it! I'm sure Klimpt and the other artists will lend a hand!

Next on the plate: Hilerria... stay tuned

Here's the artpad link: http://artpad.art.com/artpad/painter/
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#469 - Sept. 23, 2012, 10:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
These pieces of character fan art are really fantastic! It’s great to see a number of artists jumping in to share their personality-filled creations. I love this community and I adore looking through threads like this with everyone’s art. :)

Quite a number of us here at Blizzard have creative past-times too! In my spare time, I do quite a bit of art and writing, and I’ve done some Warcraft fan art along the way. I post them every now and then on my Twitter account. It’s a lot of fun, and one particular piece of fan art was actually honored by being included in the Blizzard Museum! It’s a sculpture of Deathwing I started in the days after the Cataclysm expansion was announced at BlizzCon 2009, back when he only had about 4 pieces of concept art showing off his handsome mug. As such, my personal fan art sculpture had quite a bit of creative liberty because he didn’t have an in-game model or cinematic model to reference at the time.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#506 - Sept. 24, 2012, 12:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I've extended the cap on this thread, so you should be good for awhile yet. :)