Story line

#1 - Sept. 18, 2012, 11:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So what's the story line here for MoP...why are the horde and alliance fighting once more?

Don't get me wrong, I think its great all this kumbaya crap the last two expansions was meh. I'm glad they're putting the WAR back in warcraft I am however curious what is the reason for the bloodshed?

Why did the horde attack Theramore for example?

Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#13 - Sept. 19, 2012, 1:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
One of the most succinct descriptions I could find involving the war that’s brewing is actually from our announcement for the novel Jaina Proudmoore: Tides of War.

The renowned sorceress Lady Jaina Proudmoore has long struggled to improve relations between the Horde and the Alliance. Now, as mounting tensions threaten to ignite a new era of strife, her hopes for peace are on the verge of being shattered...

Warchief Garrosh Hellscream and the rest of the Horde are poised for an all-out attack on Jaina's beloved home, Theramore. Alliance forces converge on the city to repel the Horde onslaught, but the brave defenders are unprepared for the true scope of Garrosh's cunning and deceptive strategy.

Written by New York Times bestselling author Christie Golden, Tides of War depicts the ramifications of Garrosh's shocking assault in this thrilling new chapter in Warcraft's ongoing story. His brazen campaign irrevocably transforms Jaina, propelling the kindhearted diplomat down a path of vengeance that will change her destiny forever.

If you’re interested in a deeper look into the characters and events surrounding Theramore’s Fall, I highly recommend checking it out. There’s even a preview of it up on our site.