Cross Realm Fishing Derby?

#1 - Sept. 8, 2012, 8:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So some one (who I will not name due to his cleverness of figuring it out) won the Northrend fishing derby 8s after it started. First I was amazed trying to figure out how you could win in 8 seconds. Unsure of how it was do-able without extreme luck of precasting, getting it on that cast, and having a lock port ready while being close enough to dal you can instantly turn it in I tried to whisper him but he was offline. So I armoried him and discovered he was from a server with an earlier timezone.

My guess is he lost the derby on his server but had a friend on mine and cross realmed into dal. Then could instantly turn it in cause he had the fish in his bags from earlier.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#19 - Sept. 12, 2012, 7:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just wanted to pass along that we’re aware of this issue, and that the impact of cross-realm zones on the Fishing Derby is currently being investigated.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#67 - Sept. 20, 2012, 2:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We’ve looked into this issue and have a fix in the works to make the fishing tournaments behave in a more predictable manner. Unfortunately, this will require a patch in order to take effect, so we are disabling the fishing tournaments until we can deliver the fix for them in a future patch.

As a side-note: we’ll be posting about some larger CRZ concerns in the very near future, so hang in there. We’re listening, and we’re working to address those concerns just as quickly as we can.