Mop pvp gear is weaker than pve gear??

#1 - Sept. 10, 2012, 6:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So ive checked the latest gladiator gear and the pve gear that bosses drop. and i gotta say pve gear is much much stronger then pvp gear as in mastery agility haste and all that stuff. But they lack the pvp power and pvp defense unlike the pvp gear. So when you compare the two of em which is stronger??. Is it best to just go mix pve-pvp to arenas?? or will this help seperating the pvp-pve contents completly. Cause i thikn making pve gear stronger then pvp in the aspect of strength and stamina will surely make some players mix one or two of em in to their gear while doing pvp and willl cause more problems. Wouldnt it be just easier to just make each gear equal but pvp gear having pvp power and defense? and make it so raids wouldnt allow pvp gear??
Forum Avatar
Community
#8 - Sept. 12, 2012, 6:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
PvP power and resilience are an undeniably great stat for PvP and you will definitely be wanting more of them :) If you would like to know more about how PvP power and resilience works in MoP, Eldacar's guide is a great read, although very long and complex. You can find it here: http://www.arenajunkies.com/news/525-mists-pvp-power-and-resilience-guide/

12/09/2012 18:23Posted by Yoghurtmiss
i wouldn't worry, for pvp, pvp gear is now the best gear you can wear, if you wear pve gear you'll do less damage and take far more
This is very true. In the above guide if you check some of the graphs, you will see the large disparity between the damage done with and without the PvP stats.

12/09/2012 17:45Posted by Rothcar
Pvp power and pvp defense doesnt work on like outside of sw while you duel other people??

Whenever you are attacking another player, PvP power will boost your damage done. Whereas PvP power only increases your healing done if you are not in a dungeon or raid. So in duels and world PvP, PvP gear will be better :)
Forum Avatar
Community
#33 - Sept. 13, 2012, 5:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
13/09/2012 17:39Posted by Dcruize
Great, another PVP season that needs PVE weapons for BiS. Perhaps if enemy players had a low % chance of dropping sub-par/LFR versions of PVP items when you kill them I'd feel better about all of this but pffft, dragon killing is not what I want to be doing.
I feel that PvP weapons will actually be far more desirable than their PvE counterparts for PvP in Mists of Pandaria. This is because 265 PvP power equals 1% increase in damage and healing done and with the large amounts on PvP weapons, they are definitely nothing to be sneezed at.

Keep in mind that this is for the Ilvl490 PvP weapons:
- Caster weapons, one-handed (Malevolent Gladiator's Spellblade), wands (Malevolent Gladiator's Touch of Defeat) and two-handed (Malevolent Gladiator's Staff) have 2874 PvP power increasing healing and damage by 10.84%
- Two-handed melee weapons Malevolent Gladiator's Pike and ranged weapons Malevolent Gladiator's Longbow also have 2874 PvP power increasing healing and damage by 10.84%
- One-handed melee weapon such as Malevolent Gladiator's Cleaver have 1437 PvP power which equals a 5.42% flat increase in damage and healing. And when you equip two, that number doubles ^^

As you can see, equipping these items is a significant increase in the damage and healing that you can perform in PvP. The guide that I linked earlier in the thread explains, much better than I can, why the PvP stats are astounding. I do recommend take a look :)