Search box everywhere please!

#1 - Sept. 11, 2012, 12:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hay there, i have to say im pretty happy with the patch changes makes the game new again thus new fun. Only one request tho!

Since the game is literally HUGE at the moment in every aspect, Could we get some more search boxes around the game!

I mean the search box on pet battle system is amazing! why dont we have one on achievements for example that are ENDLESS! or abilities for example. Spell books have gone through big changes and sometimes i wonder if i miss a spell or something and i open my spell book to make sure and then i say...ohhh i have to go through it again.

I hope you know what i mean haha=p
Forum Avatar
Community
#2 - Sept. 12, 2012, 9:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We certainly agree that better navigation through systems makes for a better player experience. Searching and filtering are key tools for this.

There are a finite number of things we can do, and we have to prioritize. It’s always easier to add these tools into new systems, or when re-writing an old system. The spellbook was an unusual case. As you mentioned, it has gone through some extensive changes, but the underlying UI code was not changed. This caused the development team to not be able to do some of the things they would have liked without completely re-writing the spellbook UI.

We do have a plan for overhauling the spellbook UI and getting in some of the features people have asked for: filtering by active/passive and search. Currently it’s not a high priority.