WoW II?

#1 - Sept. 10, 2012, 12:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
7 years on and the game is still going strong. We've seen contenders for the title of best MMO come and go. Some of them were clones of Wow others had some unique ideas, none beat WoW's depth though.

I'm no expert on computers, but there must be a point where something you have wanted to add to the game has been limited by the technology that the game is built around. Whats your thoughts on making a second WoW to replace the current one. I realise as far as ideas go this is a bit extreme but it must have crossed some of your minds at some point even if only to dismiss the idea.

Do you think at some point in the future there will be a rewrite of WoW giving it a complete facelift or are there still plenty of options of changing the game with the software it has? Example: The water graphics, the interaction your character has with water textures still amazes me, personally I have yet to see anything close to that quality in any other game. This kind of came out of the blue, one minute we had generic water textures, the next we had something that flows with movement and adds a real level of detail to the game beautifully.

Don't get me wrong I am an avid fan of WoW and it would take something pretty amazing or drastic to make me stop playing for good but I would love to see what you guys are capable of once the gloves have been taken off.

After all the years of MMo's being released and magazines and forums being flooded with posts about this game or that being a WoW killer, I would love to see the roles reversed. 'Wow II, the killer of all games' ^^
Forum Avatar
Community
#10 - Sept. 10, 2012, 3:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I really hope they will do it some day, but if they do it, they won't do it sooner than 5 years, at least.

The idea is basically the same game, but with way better graphics, new features, new NPCs/Items etc etc. It would be cool, because the skeleton would be the same, but the rest would be new.

But that doesn't sound like something that would require an entirely new game though, but of course that is just my personal opinion. As I see it, these things could just as well be upgrades to the current game through patches and expansions, much like what we have seen already in the game's evolution from its release until today.

I think something more would be required in order to rationalise the end of WoW in favour of WoW II :-)