CRZ time zones + other feedback.

#1 - Sept. 8, 2012, 8:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Cross realm servers should only be grouped in the same time zone, its ridiculous having the time of day/night instantly change while out in the open game world (I understand it in dungeons). I play on server that share my time zone and this is extremely immersion breaking, not to mention the problems people have being having with dailies and the fishing comp.

Though restricting to the same time zone might not be enough, CRZ also stuffs around with Wintergrasp for people running VoH for whatever reason (not too sure on the details), not to mention all the other problems are having with it (which you only need to look at the front page of the forums to see).

Even when the bugs get fixed I can still see their being problems with ore/herb nodes and rare spawns (or even spawns in general at popular farming places) with the increased population, it has been suggested to do it guild wars 2 style with individual nodes, this could cause the economy to dramatically change, I therefore propose the ore/herb nodes and rare spawns be phased to those only on their own server if technically feasible, then the world would feel "populated" without farming being slower than it is already.

I still don't like the idea altogether, with the state the community is in now it seems it won't work out. The concept isn't that bad of a concept, the implementation of it is headed towards fail and we'd b better off without it.

TL;DR: I don't like how its turning out but think the concept of it is ok (read the post for why/suggestions for it)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - Sept. 8, 2012, 8:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/08/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Adimarchus
I've noticed they're locking anything about CRZ's that pops up. Seems to be easier than solving the issues.

We're doing this for a number of reasons, Admarchus. We'd ideally like to keep the forums as tidy as possible to ensure that players are able to easily discuss a bevy of other topics in addition to cross-realm zones. Additionally, allowing discussions like this to splinter into multiple different threads increases the likelihood that we'll miss some valuable feedback. We never like locking threads containing constructive feedback, but I think we can all agree that both of these things are pretty valuable in the larger scope of things.

Please continue sharing your constructive feedback here.