Free Character Migration to New Italian Realms

#1 - Aug. 24, 2012, 12:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
With the Italian-language version of World of Warcraft coming soon, we’ll be opening two new Italian realms in Europe. We look forward to welcoming many new and returning Italian-speaking players, and invite them to experience World of Warcraft in their native language.

Our two new Italian realms will include a PvE realm, Pozzo dell’Eternità, and a PvP realm, Nemesis. They’ll both be added to the same Battlegroup, Misery. These two realms are dedicated to our Italian-speaking community, and therefore support will only be available in Italian.

To allow our Italian community to gather on its two new dedicated realms, we’ll be providing Free Character Migration (FCM) from realms that currently have a considerable number of Italian players. If you are currently on one of the source realms listed below, you’ll be able to move your characters to the designated destination realms.

As it’s not possible to provide free character transfers from every single realm, we’re currently evaluating alternative transfer options for Italian players not covered in this plan. We’re doing our very best to accommodate as many Italian players as possible, but at this time we can’t guarantee free transfers for Italian players on realms not listed below.

You can initiate the migration in your Battle.net account by going into your World of Warcraft Game Management and clicking on Free Character Migration. Your character will then be moved to one of these new realms. This is a one-time, one-way move for characters coming from eligible FCM source realms. For any characters coming from non-eligible realms, you’ll need to use the Character Transfer service.

We’re also offering support for guilds to transfer for free from eligible source realms. While a “Free Guild Master Transfer” is technically not possible, we’ll reimburse the costs of Guild Master Realm Transfers as outlined in our FAQ below. Please note that other guild members must initiate their Free Character Migration after their Guild Master Realm Transfer has been completed.

Please be aware that if the target realms become full, we may have to close the FCM service without warning. If you plan to change realms with friends or with your guild, we recommend that you coordinate the effort to reduce the chance of anyone being left behind.

FCM will be made available in different waves – you’ll find a detailed breakdown below. Each wave will last for two weeks or until the destination realms are full. We’ll be sure to highlight which realms are eligible for free transfers each time a new wave begins. The first wave will start when the Italian realms become available.

We hope you enjoy these new Italian realms!

(Updated: October 10th)

Wave One:
Free Character Migration to Pozzo dell’Eternità (PvE) from:
Runetotem
Hellfire
Nordrassil
Stormrage
Darkspear
Kilrogg
Vashj

Free Character Migration to Nemesis (PvP) from:
Crushridge
Hakkar

Wave Two:
Crushridge
Hakkar
Vek'nilash
Quel'Thalas
Ghostlands
Magtheridon
Aerie Peak

Zenedar
Runetotem

Wave Three:
Terokkar
Argent Dawn
Darkmoon Faire
Steamwheedle Cartel

Wave Four:
Runetotem
Crushridge
Hakkar
Jaedenar
Stormscale
#2 - Aug. 24, 2012, 12:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
What is the Free Character Migration feature?
The Free Character Migration feature allows you to move characters from selected realms to new or low population realms. Please refer to the Character Migration option under Character Services on the Account Management page for information on eligible realms.

What are the names of the Italian realms?
The names of the Italian realms are ‘Pozzo dell'Eternità’ (PvE) and 'Nemesis' (PvP), on the Misery Battlegroup.

Are there going to be more Italian realms?
Right now we plan to open two Italian realms. We will evaluate the possibility of opening additional realms in the future as they are needed.

Who is eligible for Free Character Migration to the Italian realms?
Players who have characters on an eligible realm will be able to move their characters to the designated Italian realm. For specific requirements, please view the Character Transfer FAQ.

Players who are not eligible for Free Character Migration can use the Character Transfer service to move their characters to the Italian realms.

How will the Dungeon and Raid Finder tools work for the Italian-language realms?
In order to ensure minimal queue times when using the Dungeon or Raid Finder tools, both Italian-language realms will be part of the same queues as the English-language realms. Those who choose to use these tools should bear in mind that the resulting groups will likely include English-speaking players. Of course, Italian-speaking players can still form groups with friends from their own realm if they would prefer to play with Italian-speaking team-mates only. Also please note that the PvP queues will work in the same way.

Can I move all my characters at once?
No, you have to move each character individually.

How many characters can I move to the new Italian realm?
There is no specific restriction regarding the number of characters you can move, but keep in mind that you can have a maximum of 10 characters (11 when patch 5.0.4 is launched), only one of which can be a Death Knight, per realm.

Can I move my entire guild using a free Guild Master Realm Transfer?
If you are interested in moving your guild from an eligible realm, and if your guild meets the Guild Master Realm Transfer requirements as outlined in the FAQ, the guild master can begin a guild move. To take advantage of this service, the guild master will need to initiate, and pay for, a regular Guild Master Realm Transfer. Once the guild transfer process is successfully initiated, the guild master will then need to request a refund by contacting Customer Service.

Please follow these steps when doing so:
- Select World of Warcraft -> I need help with a purchase or paid service -> I need help with a character service or guild service -> I want a refund from the service I did
- Add “[Guild]” in the description of your issue

Please note that this refund could take up to two weeks.

This refund is only available if the guild is moved from one of the eligible realms to one of the new Italian realms within the FCM promotion period.

If you decide to move your guild using this process, please note that other guild members need to initiate their Free Character Migration after the Guild Master Realm Transfer is initiated, if they want to maintain their guild reputation. The faction must also remain the same.

What happens to my guild members?
Your guild members will remain in the original guild until they initiate a character transfer. The original guild will be reset to level 1 and will not retain its guild bank or any of its achievements, reputation, or progression. You will also need to select a new Guild Master from the guild roster to replace you after your character leaves the realm. Your guild members will be eligible to follow you to the guild's new location by performing their own character service (such as a Character Transfer or Free Character Migration). If they do so, they will automatically rejoin the guild and retain their guild reputation.

Guild members who plan to transfer to the guild's new location should not quit the original guild – otherwise, they will not regain their guild reputation after transferring to guild's new location.

Can I benefit from a Free Faction Change?
No Free Faction Change will be available. You will still be able to perform a Faction Change once on the new Italian realms.

How do I access the Italian realms?
On logging into the game, if you do not see the realm selection screen click ‘Change Realm’ above your character list and select the Italian tab at the bottom of the window. The Italian realms will be displayed there.

Do I have to rename my character?
If your character shares a name with an existing character on the destination realm you will be prompted to rename your character.

Will I receive Realm First achievements if I move to an Italian realm where the achievements have not been completed?
Yes. If you use the Free Character Migration or a Character Transfer to move a character to the Italian realms, the character will be eligible for Realm First achievements.

What will happen to my Friends List and Ignore List?
Your Friends List and Ignore List will be cleared upon transfer. If you have any friends who move to the realm as well, you will have to add them to your Friends List again manually.

If I don't like the new realm or change my mind, can I move back?
A pending move can be cancelled which will remove the request from the queue. However, once the move has completed it cannot be reversed. The only way to move the character off the realm again would be through a Character Transfer.

My realm was eligible for Free Character Migration to one of the Italian realms, but I missed it. Can I still move?
Once the migration period has ended, free migration from that realm will not be available unless the realm becomes part of another free migration at a later date. We do, however, have a Character Transfer service available that may allow you to move a character to the realm of your choice. For more information, please have a look at our Character Transfer service, available under Character Services on the Account Management page.

Can I move characters from one region to another (i.e. moving North American characters to the Italian realms)?
No. Characters can only be moved between realms within the same region.

Where will the Italian realms be located?
The Italian realms will be situated in one of our existing European data centers, and our operations team will continue to work with the major internet service providers to ensure the best game experience possible.

Do you need to select “Italiano” in the game to be able to play on the Italian realms?
You do not need to set the language to “Italiano” to be able to play on the new realms. You will only need an active European World of Warcraft license. Please note that support will only be available in Italian however.

Who should I contact if I have additional questions about this service?
Please check the Free Character Migration FAQ for more information. For additional questions or concerns, please contact us.
#14 - Aug. 24, 2012, 2:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
24/08/2012 15:50Posted by Dìtiesse
The original guild will be reset to level 1 and will not retain its guild bank or any of its achievements, reputation, or progression.

Seriously?

Original guild. The one you leave behind.