5.0.4 patch we get free pandarians?

#1 - Aug. 23, 2012, 4:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Post Buried show post
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#35 - Aug. 23, 2012, 5:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So basically I just wasted $60 for nothing.. Everyone who doesn't own MoP will get to play a monk / panda for free??? yay spending money for apparent reason is awesome.. Thank you blizz

*slow sarcastic clap*

All classes are not becoming available with the patch. Only the races and the pandaren won't be playable until the release of Mists of Pandaria when the starting area opens up as well and the expansion begins.

You're getting more than just a new race with the expansion anyway and I'd hope that the pandaren aren't the only thing you are purchasing the expansion for.

*Of note, while we always love feedback and to hear how people feel about these things, it's always important to remain as constructive as possible. This will help us understand what you don't like in particular as well as avoid any potential flame wars from other community members who may think you're simply just trying to stir up trouble.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#67 - Aug. 23, 2012, 11:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/23/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Snuke
I'd just like to point out that on Blizz's front page it clearly states that with 5.0.4 you will be able to play pandas. I know it's just a bit of miscommunication internally but you guys should fix that. Advert for 5.0.4: All races available in patch 5.0.4: Embrace your inner goblin, blood elf, worgen, draenei and pandaren. You guys should probably remove the part about pandaren since everyone keeps getting worked up over it.

Actually, the text was as clear as it could possibly be made without somehow making it more complicated. We needed to communicate that all races including the pandaren would be made available to anyone no matter their "box level". All races are being made available with patch 5.0.4 , technically that means the pandaren too, but they won't actually be accessible/creatable/playable until their starting area is available with the release of Mists of Pandaria. Thus, why the line explains that the pandaren will be playable as of September, 25.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#82 - Aug. 24, 2012, 2:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/23/2012 11:19 PMPosted by Squidboy
Actually, the text was as clear as it could possibly be made without somehow making it more complicated. We needed to communicate that all races including the pandaren would be made available to anyone no matter their "box level". All races are being made available with patch 5.0.4 , technically that means the pandaren too, but they won't actually be accessible/creatable/playable until their starting area is available with the release of Mists of Pandaria. Thus, why the line explains that the pandaren will be playable as of September, 25.

So will there be a possibility to select race change but then have it delayed to occur until the 25th?

This shouldn't be possible since the choice for Pandaren won't be there as of yet in the system to be chosen. If that changes though, we'll let people know.