Harassment

#1 - Jan. 5, 2012, 8:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Does Blizzard, as a company, condone and/or encourage harassment and/or bullying?

My reason for asking this is simple:

As you can see my name is Monoxîde, and I'm the GM of the guild <Don't Be That Guy> on the US realm Cho'gall.

I've been getting harassed by another player(s) on my realm for the past few days. Well, not just me, but my guild and some of my members as well.

I'll start this off with a link for your viewing pleasure:
<removed>

As you can see, someone made a character with a name near identical to mine <removed>, as well as making characters with near identical names to people in my guild, and then making a guild named <removed>

The other night I was trying to do Firelands, I had a macro set up that I was putting in trade. The person who has the other Monoxide character started doing the same thing, except changing the macro slightly to make my guild look bad (for example he put that we were doing 3 HM's because that's all our guild could get down and that we were reserving all the loot from the hard modes to further our guild).

The night ended with me not being able to find enough people for Firelands. I was disappointed, now I can't say this was all due to this guy, but who knows? I know he definitely had some impact on my run, by distracting people from actually messaging me. As I said, our names are near identical.

He went on to make a macro for my guild, <Don't Be That Guy> for recruitment, wherein he again slandered us and put our guild in a poor light, making it seem as if our group broke up and that we were having to rebuild. People keep thinking I'm him, and it's definitely effecting our guild. I can't recruit for us whenever this guy is online.

So I put in a ticket to a GM. What happened? He responded in a day, I explained the situation, and he said he'd take care of it. Shortly thereafter I got a new message from him saying that I was found in violation, and that my character would soon be automatically logged off, and to check my email for details. I put in another ticket, and I got a very quick reply. The new GM stated that he noticed prior to my second ticket I'd been speaking to a GM and realized that the first GM had made a mistake and accidentally thought I was actually the person I was reporting. So this person has now tricked a GM, let alone countless people on my realm.

The person who made the guild/characters impersonating me spoke with me today. He laughed at me. He said a GM spoke to him, and asked him to stop, but because it wasn't against the ToS he didn't have to.

So it continues. Today I was on my Warlock and I noticed him in trade again, on the lv1 Druid. He was there this time swearing in trade, yelling at people, name calling, so on and so forth. I reported him again, and put in another ticket.

For all I know he's lying, and it is against the ToS, and he was just bluffing. I can't be sure of that though since he was back at it again today, after the GM supposedly spoke to him.

So what does this mean? Blizzard condones harassment? My guild and I have to forever play with this guy acting this way and defaming us and our guild?

What are you going to do about this Blizzard? If you're not going to stop him, are you going to offer my guild and I free transfers off of our realm so we can escape this harassment? I highly doubt it.

I enjoy WoW, I enjoy playing. I don't want to stop. I like this game. However, if nothing is done, and this continues, I will have to unsub, even if I don't want to. I'm not going to pay Blizzard so that I can log on and be harassed every day.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#24 - Jan. 5, 2012, 4 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I wouldn't believe a word anyone said that I'd reported, like they have an interest in being honest?

That said, we can't tell you the outcome of actions on another's account.

If this continues, do be sure to report each incident - and no, btw, we do NOT allow you to call out other players or guilds here on the forums so I've edited that out.