A+ Customer Support.

#1 - April 6, 2012, 3:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I recently put in a ticket to try to get a name freed up for me. Yeah, I know no biggie I've done it before. Its not really important but the reply I got sounds like they didn't even read it and just coppied and pasted something, first time ever feeling this way. Usually I get some fun GM talking to me. First of all it took 9 days to get a response and this is the one I got.

Subject: Blizzard Entertainment Support

Greetings!

Thank you for contacting the Game Master Department. We apologize that the wait has been so long; things have been very busy with the Mists of Pandaria Beta, new Scroll of Resurrection feature, and everyone being excited about the Diablo III Presale.

We've looked over the information you've provided in your ticket, and feel that you may be able to find the answer you're looking for on one of our official fansites. Below are some great resources for quest information, gameplay hints, and even some basic help on playing your character:

www.wowhead.com - Wowhead features enormous amounts of user-driven information, through basic game information, comments on database entries and screenshot submissions! The site also features forums, where users can ask questions, discuss important World of Warcraft-related topics, recommend and share favorite addons, and much more.

www.wowpedia.org - Wowpedia is a wiki dedicated to cataloging the Warcraft universe (with a focus, though not priority, on World of Warcraft); covering the entire Warcraft series of games, RPG reference books, strategy guides, novels, comics (manga and otherwise), and other sources.

We hope these resources can help guide you to the answer you're looking for.

Thank you again for contacting us.Game Master Whimso
Blizzard Entertainment

I don't know how I would go about getting a name freed up from a fansite or why they even sent this to me.

Is this what happens when you cut employees?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#74 - April 6, 2012, 8:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
First of all it took 9 days to get a response and this is the one I got.

No, it took a little over 3, and I see you have another petition in - which is the proper thing to do.