How To Use

#1 - July 11, 2012, 6:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello,

I am interested in using the API to pull guild and character information for a website I am creating. However, I am unfamiliar with JSON. I have read through the documentation but I haven't found it to be of much help. Where would I go to learn how to use the API?

Thanks.
Forum Avatar
Battle.net Developer
#12 - July 18, 2012, 6:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have a few questions/issues if anyone could help me with.

1. Can the guild api be used to pull information about individual members specs?

Right now specs aren't included in the guild members list. I will add that as a known issue.

http://us.battle.net/api/wow/guild/mannoroth/vodka?fields=members

07/18/2012 10:01 AMPosted by Ankzu
2. Can the guild api be used to pull information about total number of members in a guild?

You can count the number of objects in the members field.

3. I have a simple roster, and for some characters (the ones that haven't signed on for a long time) no thumbnail is shown for them. (It is a broken link, the URL is correct but there is no image) How can I show a different thumbnail for them? The default one for the race/gender would work perfectly.

Thank you :)

I will also add a known issue about the fact that some thumbnails won't be there due to character inactivity. We'll try to think of a better way to handle that in the future.