MoP Burst. Bye bye WoW, have been a great "life"

#1 - July 16, 2012, 12:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Elemental shamans can spam lava burst, problem?
A rogue can one shoot you, mad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lonDrqODHxw&list=UU6idiEhlPEreqzCWfQ_GiLw&index=0&feature=plcp

Look at this video before leaving a comment.

And no, im not a swifty fanboy, a guildie of me sended it.

This is just beta, hopefully ALL this will be fixed.

Edited:

I have seen some of you are asking why I made the thread on a lvl 1, if you want to know who my mains are, its Aráth and Sòrina.
Forum Avatar
Community
#83 - July 16, 2012, 5:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I am going to reiterate on some of the statement in this thread and just point out a few additional things to clear up possible woes you may have. Yes, this is burst and some classes are doing a fair whack of damage, but there are a few points that you have to remember:
  • This is the beta and class adjustments are constantly occurring, lots of changes are still to come. The numbers you see in the video may and probably will change in the future.
  • You cannot tell what gear is being worn by either player in the video, so the damage numbers may be under or over what you should be expecting.
  • This is a player trying to use all of their abilities to burst down Swifty as quickly as possible with them not having to worry about incoming damage, protecting themselves or many other things that you need to be thinking about during a match.
  • There are no defensive cooldowns used in the video as far as I could see and he also had his back to the opponent as much as possible to avoid parries for the melee.

So, this is simply showing the highest possible damage that a class can do under optimal conditions and it does not reflect what will occur in a real match between 2 teams of players.
Forum Avatar
Community
#92 - July 16, 2012, 5:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
16/07/2012 18:43Posted by Marina
Oh come on. The start of every expansion has been stupid, please don't try to feed this crap.

I was simply stating that you cannot take these numbers at face value. They do not show how long a player will survive when applying both pressure and defensive cooldowns into the equation. The numbers shown here will also change, you are not able to tell how damage and mitigation will be when the expansion goes live by looking at the beta.
Forum Avatar
Community
#94 - July 16, 2012, 5:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
16/07/2012 18:57Posted by Gorgonar
Fix bugged weapons ! :P
Absolute genius, good sir! ^^