[Prot Pally] Dude, where's my damage?

#1 - July 6, 2012, 8:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
SOTR hits for about 1/4th of what it hits for on live. CS/HOTR also hit for much, much less.

I realize that devs wanted to remove all the damage buffs that Prot got in WOTLK/Cata, but honestly you can't solo anything as Prot right now and I just feel like a big meat shield. Active mitigation is a cool idea, but completely stripping our damage for no good reason is pretty demoralizing...especially when brewmasters seem to still have decent damage in tank specs.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#20 - July 10, 2012, 8:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
SOTR hits for about 1/4th of what it hits for on live. CS/HOTR also hit for much, much less.

If you post approximate damage numbers for those attacks along with your character level and average ilevel (just the average is fine), we can compare them to our numbers.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#103 - July 19, 2012, 2:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have only seen a few numbers in this thread, and they all dealt with Crusader Strike damage, which is a rather small part of paladin damage on the whole. Is the issue that you just like big Crusader Strikes? Our goal has been to deliver more of an impact with Avenger's Shield and Shield of the Righteous. If every attack hits for about the same amount, then attacks don't feel different.

If you have actual evidence that Protection paladin damage is lower than other tanks or lower than it is on live, please share it.