Companion Pets, Duplicates, & Alts

#1 - June 26, 2012, 3:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I did some testing on the companion pets last night.
What I wanted to know, was what happens if I have a duplicate of a pet on an alt.

The duplicates are lost. But there is a way around it.

So I have the Proto-Drake Welp on 4 toons. When MoP launches I would really like to have all 4 of them as I think a team of 3 would be pretty sweet or would atleast make me some money as I can sell the dupes.

If I logon to my main, and Cage my proto-drake, then log onto my alt, I will now get it back and still have the caged one, and I can use the caged one and have 2 of them in the Pet list.

This isn't realy a good solution though. its very tedious and unless I go through and write down all of my dupes so I can do this on launch, then I am screwed out of some pets.

Are you guys planning on accounting for this? Shared pets is cool and all, but I have a few rare pets on a couple alts, and if anything I want to be able to sell those dupes. But some of them I wouldn't mind having for interesting team makeups.

Eitherway, taking away something I already farmed or paided for isn't good.

What if, after logging in on a toon, it makes your shared pet roster, then you log on another, and it just cages and mails you all dupes. I mean, if you can't have it just load them up for whatever reason.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#7 - July 5, 2012, 7:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We are looking into these issues, thanks for the reports. The more details and specific steps you put in your reports, the faster we can find the issues and get them sorted out.

Thanks!