Raid Testing - Starting Soon

Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#1 - June 20, 2012, 11:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We plan to start Mists of Pandaria Beta raid testing this Friday, June 22. We'll begin testing with the 10 player Normal difficulty version of the Stone Guard in Mogu'shan Palace. Available testing times for testing will be posted soon. 25 player Normal difficulty testing should begin next week, with Raid Finder and Heroic difficulty testing to follow in the weeks ahead.

You must be level 90 to participate in the raid test, and level 90 character templates will not initially be available. We do have some new technology that automatically raises or lowers your items to the appropriate level for testing. So as long as you have a Mists of Pandaria quest or dungeon item in every slot, you'll be fine.

Note that player interface add-ons are disabled on the beta at this time while we work through some technical issues. They'll be available once again at some point in the future.

As always with raid testing on beta or public test realms, the schedule is subject to change or cancellation with very little warning. Server issues, build issues, newly discovered encounter, combat, or class bugs, and many other reasons could prevent testing. While I will endeavor to provide warning about future tests, this will also not always be possible. Whatever I do know, I'll post here in the Beta Dungeons forum as soon as possible.

I'm really looking forward to everyone's feedback (it really does matter!), and my thanks to everyone who's able to participate in the upcoming tests.
Forum Avatar
Game Designer
#40 - June 21, 2012, 2:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
To follow up on some replies:

Will raid testing be cross realm?
Looking into whether or not testing will be possible across beta realms.

Will the PvP gear scale?
Yes, but PvP gear isn't optimized with the best player statistic types for PvE content, especially if you're a healer or tank. It's also possible to purchase low level gear from an <Adventuring Supplies> vendor in Pandaria, and they have tank and healing specialization oriented items. There's one in Halfhill called Trader Jambeezi, and there are others. Their vendor gear scales well for raid testing purposes.

Argh, no mods!
We're very aware of the additional informational capabilities they can provide for players, and are working towards enabling them as soon as we can. We would prefer raid testing with them, but we're working through some technical issues that require them to be disabled right now. In their absence, it would be great to get feedback about particular mechanics or moments in an encounter that could use special warnings, etc. Specific feedback about what you REALLY miss in your usual UI setup that the Blizzard UI lacks or does poorly is also always appreciated by the UI design and implementation groups.