WoW Summer Challenge June 13-20: Karazhan

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#1 - June 13, 2012, 11:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Every week this summer, we’re challenging you to get together with a few friends to explore a part of Azeroth that you may not have seen in a while, or perform a feat that you may have never done. We’re calling them World of Warcraft Summer Challenges, and we’re going to be playing along with you as we hunt down rare achievements, get screenshots of amazing bosses, and try to find some rare gear for our transmogrification sets.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6385756/

In this thread, we're talking about this week's challenge, posting stories about experiences completing it, and linking to screenshots.

Furthermore, if you've thought of something awesome to do in Karazhan that we didn't include in the blog post, this is the place to say so!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#116 - June 14, 2012, 6:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I forget. Is Kara where we get Leroy Jenkins?
(I do remember the chess -game. AWESOME!)

The Pals 4 Life / Leeroy Jenkins video was shot in Upper Blackrock Spire, which was originally a 15-person raid.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#130 - June 14, 2012, 8:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Based on your excellent feedback here, I have now added Wolfslayer Sniper Rifle, Gorehowl, and Shield of Impenetrable Darkness to the list of desirable gear. And I put them right at the top!

Thank you very much.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#134 - June 14, 2012, 8:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/14/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Matsuda
I was curious, how are we submitting the screenshots? I'm not sure what to put it under :/

Post your screenshot in the highest resolution you can on a common image sharing website, and then drop a link to it in this thread. I'm keeping track of them, and I hope to make a nice gallery of them later in the Summer.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#147 - June 14, 2012, 10:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/14/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Sherri
A link to the blog post would have been a brilliant idea.

It somehow got lost in the OP in this thread. I've put it back.

Also, here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/6385756/
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#149 - June 14, 2012, 10:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/14/2012 02:58 PMPosted by Nearlydead
There was an event for a short time that dropped the Arcanite Ripper and a pet, and I can't remember what else.

Yes, when the Lich King first started making trouble in Azeroth again, there was a plague and a lot of craziness. For a brief time, Prince Tenris Mirkblood dropped the Vampiric Batling and the Arcanite Ripper.

He was killed off, though.