Safe to complete "What A Long, Strange Trip?"

#0 - Oct. 18, 2010, 6:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
First off, please do not turn this thread into a debate such as the one going on in http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27187849344&sid=1&pageNo=28 - I'm not creating this thread to have even more fighting over how 310% mounts should be handled in regards to 4.0.1, cataclysm, Raiding/PVPing, etc.

The only reason I'm making this thread is to get some clarification for those of us who are going to be possibly (RNG willing) completing "What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been" in the near future, since Hallow's End is starting soon. Given that it has been stated by Zarhym (in http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27292691674&sid=1) that they are going to hotfix this achievement to grant people Master Riding as well as the Violet Proto-Drake, I'd like to get some kind of definitive answer from Blizzard as to when exactly this will be happening.

In other words, how do we know when it will be safe to complete the achievement? There has been no further communication on WHEN this hotfix is going to happen (or if it has already?) and with the chance that people will be completing their final achievements shortly, there is the possibility of some people completing their achievement BEFORE the hotfix goes in, which would lead to quite a bit of further grief.

So if at all possible, could we get an official answer on when the changes to add Master Riding to the "What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been" achievement are going implemented?
#1 - Oct. 18, 2010, 6:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We plan to make sure players who are awarded What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been during this year's Hallow's End event get Master Riding with the Violet Proto-Drake.
#12 - Oct. 18, 2010, 8:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Is it the plan that, going forward, What a Long Strange Trip It's Been will continue to award Master Riding, given that it requires a year's worth of commitment and work? Such was the implication in the other thread on the subject you posted in. However, the implication in singling out "this year's Hallow's End event" is that this is a one-time kindness you are doing for the achievement hunters.

I hate to /tar Horse Corpse /startattack, but this has relevance to whether or not I'm going to bother with the holiday achievements this year on my recent 80.

The hotfix is to make this achievement award 310% flying indefinitely. Things could always change at some point down the road, but we have no plans of removing the ability to obtain Master Riding via What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been once the hotfix is live.