What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been

#0 - Oct. 16, 2010, 1:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I provided an update in the lengthy thread about Master riding, so in case it gets missed I'm throwing it up in its own non-sticky thread for now.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27187849344&sid=1&pageNo=28

I have a slight update to spread to the masses. We are going to be adding a hotfix for the achievement What A Long, Strange Trip It's Been. This hotfix will make it so that obtaining the Reins of the Violet Proto-Drake will award players Master Riding.

The way in which 310% will be awarded is going to be a little quirky at first, but we plan to make it a more smooth process in a future patch. For now, you will need 280% flying in order to learn to use the Violet Proto-Drake. Once you mount the drake for the first time it will teach Master Riding. The only catch is that you have to dismount and mount the drake again in order for 310% speed to take effect.
#14 - Oct. 16, 2010, 1:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Not doing that for uld/icc drakes too?

Our reasoning for this is the difficulty or length of time it takes to earn this achievement isn't changing with Cataclysm's release. So while it would be much easier to go back and overpower the Lich King at 85 to farm for Invincible, it's still going to take a year or more to get the Violet Proto-Drake. We've heard a lot of feedback from players on this and agree that an exception should be made for this achievement and Master riding.
#197 - Oct. 19, 2010, 1:37 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Is this hotfix live yet?

I've had the drake for a while now but still only 280 D:

The hotfix is scheduled to go live tonight.